Author Topic: Mega Everdrive V2 - D3 error on boot up  (Read 2992 times)

Offline megabomberman

• View Profile
Mega Everdrive V2 - D3 error on boot up
« on: May 21, 2015, 08:27 PM »
Hi All,

I recently purchased an Mega Everdrive V2 from the site here.

It arrived this week but unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work.

I purchased a mirco SanDisk 8GB SDHC and transferred the MEGA folder with the two OS files into the SD card and safely ejected.

I'm getting a D3 error when I boot up though.

I have an Everdrive MD V3 which I purchased on Ebay and these two cards that I have work fine on the V3 with the EMDM folder.

I don't have the SD card overloaded with games, I don't have zipped files, I have transferred onto it using standard windows. I have reformatted the SD card(s) (both the same type of card) to FAT 32.

Considering the SanDisk works with my other flash cart and is the most widely available SD card available I doubt the issues are an incompatible SD card, like some cheap low grade SD card that might not work with the cart.

Can there be any other thing preventing my cart from working or will I need to send it back to Krikzz for a few repairs?

Thanks,
MB

--------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Just realised I hadn't mentioned that I've tried this cart on both a Sega Megadrive 2 and a Sega Nomad.

Also just realised I posted this into the wrong sub forum :(

--------------------------------------------------

SECOND UPDATE:

Got this working! :D Bought a SanDisk Ultra SDHC, backwards compatible with old SD devices and works like a charm :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 08:18 PM by megabomberman »