Author Topic: Everdrives "Resetting defaults" when not used  (Read 1644 times)

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
Everdrives "Resetting defaults" when not used
« on: May 24, 2015, 07:29 AM »
I caught my MasterED, TED (v1) and yesterday even my ED64 (v2) having a bizarre 'resetting ... defaults' or something after a long period of inactivity.

Sometimes I let the consoles off for a month at a time or so, and when I finally play beside the fact that I have to re-seat the ED like 10 times (oxidization?, but normal games tends to work sooner) I also experience sporadic IOErrors (re-seating the SD card a couple of times does the trick) but most interesting is that 'resetting ... defaults' message that pops up in the middle of the screen.

It normally does it once and then it's good to go, until next month that is.

I use to see it on my TED more than anything as I play my PCE in bouts, but I had to take a long pause with my N64 and here it was, same message. My MasterED gave it to me when I was playing it via a cheap PBC clone cart over my Genny.
I am not 100% sure but I believe I've seen it also on the MegaED (v1) once, didn't make much of it.

So what is that message about? Am I the only one seeing it over 3 or 4 different Everdrives? I don't believe it is a coincidence.
Is it reason for concern?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 07:32 AM by phoenixdownita »