Author Topic: Black screen after "Produced by ..." when using 32X  (Read 2974 times)

Offline StriderSubzero

• View Profile
Black screen after "Produced by ..." when using 32X
« on: June 01, 2015, 02:12 AM »
Hi all,

I bought an Everdrive MD a few weeks ago and I've really been enjoying it. I stumbled across a 32X with all the cables for a good deal at a local game store today so I snatched it up, eager to come home and check out the 32X games on the Everdrive.

Unfortunately, I just get a blank black screen after the "Produced by Sega" etc. screen when it boots up. No menu at all. I saw a similar thread on here from awhile back that suggested a faulty power supply being the culprit, so I tried a different power supply (same specs/model) and still the same result. I then tried my Genesis Model 2 with the 32X (was trying a model 1 prior) and got the same thing again. I don't have any actual 32X games to try, I may try to hunt one down tomorrow and see if it works.

Any suggestions on what could be causing the issue?

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
Re: Black screen after "Produced by ..." when using 32X
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 02:45 AM »
Usually the ribbon cable inside of the 32x is the culprit (needs to be reseated). If that doesn't help, I feel that some revisions of the 32x act up with the EDMD. I had a 32x freeze on a random color screen that wouldn't work with the Mega ED (worked with retail games though), but was lucky enough to swap them and now it works perfectly. Hope that points to a few reasons as to why it isnt working.

Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline StriderSubzero

• View Profile
Re: Black screen after "Produced by ..." when using 32X
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 04:21 AM »
That ... actually worked. I was skeptical because for some reason I thought that only worked when there was a complete lack of video, but it did the trick! Thanks!