Author Topic: Turbo Everdrive V2 Fat System Not Found?  (Read 3636 times)

Offline tpm1999

• View Profile
Turbo Everdrive V2 Fat System Not Found?
« on: June 09, 2015, 02:57 AM »
Hi All,

I have formated my 2GB sandisk card with FAT32 on a PC (using default allocation size) and then put OS.pce in root and the .pce games in subsequent folders.

I am getting the following error on bootup "fat system not found"  no games are visible on the screen.  I have tried reformatting the card a few times.  Any Ideas?

Offline tpm1999

• View Profile
Re: Turbo Everdrive V2 Fat System Not Found?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 08:56 AM »
Looks like I got it to work with a 32gb card.  Fat32 with 32kb clusters is not really possible on a card 2gb or less.  Since the new V2 turbo everdrive only supports fat32, it is very likely that it only supports micro sd cards 4gb and up in size.

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 08:25 AM »
I reused the SD that I had with TEDv1, simply added the TBED subdir with the os.pce and that was it.
Same card works with both.

I can say that the loading time is phenomenal, to be fair TEDv1 was not that slow to start with with the exception of SFII and now TEDv2 is very fast.

I quickly tried Populous and it seem to work just fine.
I used it over a SuperGrafx no issue with 1941.

The Tennokoe rom image of course does not work on an SGX, will see if it works at all over a Duo-R when I have more time.

I truly believe that if Krikkz attempts to implement Arcade Card support it would be the ultimate jewel, but even as it is I like it, for once I don't have to be afraid of running out of flashing cycles (I doubt the flash based ED do wear leveling [that is use different piece of the Flash at each load possible if the image loaded is less than half the total size to even out wearing]).

The only odd thing with TEDv2 is the weird way the letter X look (both small and capital). I believe the menu uses a "high" res mode that makes the effect more evident than V1 (on V1 it is barely noticeable). Basically the center of the letter X (the dot where the 2 line cross) has a weird pinkish color (not yellow).
I was running it via the composite out over an NTSC LCD TV, so your mileage may vary and likely on a CRT it could be that it is not visible, I venture cross talk or artifact (like Atari/AppleII did with double pixel color clock).

Offline tpm1999

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 02:33 AM »
My Turbo Everdrive V2 now seems to have died.  I am getting only a white screen.  I have tried flipping the tg16/pce switch a few times and that does nothing.  I have also tried it on another turbografx and that is a white screen also.  It may be that my initial memory card issue might have been an everdrive issue and not a card issue.  I am hoping this new item can be fixed soon.

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 07:29 AM »
Sorry to hear that, give Krikzz a PM although it may take a little longer than usual as rumors have it he's on vacation.

On my end I tried the TennoKoe image on a Duo-R (with TEDv2 obviosuly) and it does not work well, it allows to attempt to copy/move stuff around but then it complains ... it's all Japanese but I would imagine something along the line "Bank N corrupted" or something.

I did not expect it to work upfront but it may be possible to mimic the mapping and have it autosave .... up to Krikzz if it is worthy, I think emulation/simulation of Arcade Card is much better (or even a SysCard 3 memory only would already be quite a step for the CD-ROM2 owners)

Offline asper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 06:10 PM »
I have a TubroEvcerderive V2.5.

I used a 2GB card FAT32 formatted with 4096bytes cluster and it worked.

1GB card FTA16 or FAT32 formatted with all possible combination of clusters = not working.

There surely is an incompatibility with some microSD cards.