Author Topic: 'NEW' turbo grafx - UK  (Read 11829 times)

Offline iddod

• www.soundcloud.com/iddod
    • View Profile
    • my music on soundcloud
Re: 'NEW' turbo grafx - UK
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 09:28 PM »
i got a pal one and it was boxed unopened stock. box was only opened to have the region mod done. unfortunatly the everdrive don't work when i switch to 60hz mode (white screen). i been playing mine with the borders and it's still great fun regardless. turbo everdrive is awesome.

the region mod and the 50/60hz mod are different things...
when you switch your turbogfx to it's other mode are you also switching your everdrive too? (lil tiny switch on the side)
i suspect you have a console same as mine, a uk pal model that can be region switched to play either american games or japanese games, both of which play in 50hz on a uk console... (there were never any dedicated uk releases)
to do a full 50/60hz mod means fannying about with crystals etc to change the timing, afaik that isn't a switchable mod, it's more of a permanent hack...
ED64 : EDN8 : TurboED : MegaED : EDGG : EDGB : MasterED : EDGBA : SuperED

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
Re: 'NEW' turbo grafx - UK
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 11:48 PM »
yeah it's just a switch. i purchased it new but it had been open for the shop owner to mod it and thats it. it was sold as a 50/60hz region mod but i guess it's just as you say. all i know is that while the consoles switch is in one position the everdrive wont work on both settings. but while the consoles switch is in the other position the everdrive will work with one of the settings, not sure if i explained that well enough :-\
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 11:49 PM by butfluffy »