Author Topic: Gimmick / Sunsoft 5B Audio?  (Read 74230 times)

Offline MP2E

• Famicom Fiend
    • View Profile
Re: Gimmick / Sunsoft 5B Audio?
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2016, 01:12 AM »
The latest N8 OS version should have support for the 5B mapper. But if you really need the Necronom5 version then I can send it to you tonight, as right now I'm at work. PM me and I will send you the link.

The latest N8 OS version of the 5B mapper doesn't have expansion sound. I tried the latest official mapper and some sounds didn't play, unlike with the custom mapper. I attempted to upload the file here, but it said the space was full, despite the file being small enough.
Yeah the attachments limit has been reached, you can still upload it to a free file host like mediafire and leave the link here. There are plenty of other hosts too, just a random suggestion.

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2016, 06:17 AM »
I just uploaded the file to Mediafire. Here is the link.

Offline wolfpacleader1986

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2016, 09:09 AM »
For some reason, I get a black screen when trying to run Gimmick with this mapper. I checked with my stock Everdrive mappers and the game works. But when I use this mapper, it locks up and won't even let me reset.

Using a Famicom and an Everdrive with the latest firmware.

Offline densy

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2016, 10:53 AM »
I just tried it last night with an NES cart style Everdrive N8 on a retrousb avs system and Gimmick works with the mapper file linked.

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2016, 06:08 PM »
I found what was wrong. Apparently, the mapper for Lagrange Point messes with the Gimmick mapper as it uses its own mapper out.

Offline Brachabre

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2016, 08:49 PM »
Yeah, my understanding is that you can only use either one or the other a time but not both. The VRC7/Sunsoft mappers need to be combined somehow.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2016, 09:48 PM »
I found what was wrong. Apparently, the mapper for Lagrange Point messes with the Gimmick mapper as it uses its own mapper out.

Both Lagrange point and mr gimmick worked perfect on my AVS using a famicom everdriveN8. Maybe your issue is due to the beta firmware?
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO

On my wishlist:
Everdrive GBA - EDGB X3 - Saturn Satisfier

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2016, 12:57 AM »
I'm using OS v13

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2016, 02:59 AM »
He probably meant AVS firmware... Sounds to me like it could also be the maproute.bin

Online Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2016, 05:23 PM »
Yeah, my understanding is that you can only use either one or the other a time but not both. The VRC7/Sunsoft mappers need to be combined somehow.

I explain how to do that at the bottom of this blog entry : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/2015/01/everdrive-n8-most-worthy-nes-multicart.html
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline Brachabre

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2016, 07:04 PM »
Nice thank you!

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2016, 07:13 PM »
He probably meant AVS firmware... Sounds to me like it could also be the maproute.bin

Yes, I meant the AVS firmware. The beta firmwares that are comning out, some have problems with certain games.

On my wishlist:

Offline uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2016, 12:32 AM »

Both Lagrange point and mr gimmick worked perfect on my AVS using a famicom everdriveN8. Maybe your issue is due to the beta firmware?

Are you saying Lagrange Point works perfectly for you including expansion audio? I thought this wasn't possible without the Hi Def NES.

Blizzz thanks for posting the comparison video a couple pages back. Looking forward to playing this.

Is the mediafire link above the latest mapper released by him? His last mapper update was from Sep 6 2015 and the file from mediafire was modified on Sep 5. Just curious.

This version has extra channels really quiet, on my 2 AV Famicom systems ; one uses nesrgb amp, the other uses a rebuilt audio circuit to make it identical to original famicom. The previous version sounded very close to recordings and emus.

Ok, I changed the sound generation back to the old method, but still keeping the new options (HI and LO mixing volumes selectable via OS menu).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 12:39 AM by uzumaki »

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2016, 01:30 AM »

Are you saying Lagrange Point works perfectly for you including expansion audio? I thought this wasn't possible without the Hi Def NES.

No, obviously no expansion audio for Lagrange point, but other than that it works perfectly.

On my wishlist:

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2016, 05:12 AM »
As far as I know, the mapper I downloaded was the latest, but I'm not completely sure. I do notice a difference between lo and hi with it and it works, though. However, I definitely downloaded it after September 5th and the previous link was on September 3rd. I think the difference in date may be due to a different time zone.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 05:20 AM by brianvgplayer »