Author Topic: Gimmick / Sunsoft 5B Audio?  (Read 73610 times)

aloram

Re: Gimmick / Sunsoft 5B Audio?
« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2016, 01:56 PM »
As far as I know, the mapper I downloaded was the latest, but I'm not completely sure. I do notice a difference between lo and hi with it and it works, though. However, I definitely downloaded it after September 5th and the previous link was on September 3rd. I think the difference in date may be due to a different time zone.
Any chance this will be officially incorporated into the OS?

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2016, 07:39 AM »
As far as I know, the mapper I downloaded was the latest, but I'm not completely sure. I do notice a difference between lo and hi with it and it works, though. However, I definitely downloaded it after September 5th and the previous link was on September 3rd. I think the difference in date may be due to a different time zone.

I'm not the right person to ask, I just uploaded the mapper. Any chance of anyone uploading the September 6th mapper to compare? I think I may have downloaded the previous one by accident.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 08:05 AM by brianvgplayer »

Offline Erizisto

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2016, 09:02 PM »

Any chance of anyone uploading the September 6th mapper to compare? I think I may have downloaded the previous one by accident.

I compared the file you uploaded to the one I have, which I'm confident was the newest release (version 4), and they are an exact match (based on several various checksums).

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2016, 10:23 PM »

Any chance of anyone uploading the September 6th mapper to compare? I think I may have downloaded the previous one by accident.

I compared the file you uploaded to the one I have, which I'm confident was the newest release (version 4), and they are an exact match (based on several various checksums).

Thank you.

aloram

« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2016, 02:52 AM »

I'm not the right person to ask, I just uploaded the mapper. Any chance of anyone uploading the September 6th mapper to compare? I think I may have downloaded the previous one by accident.
Sorry about that, I didn't mean to quote you in the reply.

Offline TubeBar

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2016, 04:08 PM »

Offline TubeBar

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2016, 04:09 PM »
NM just saw brianvgplayer reupload to https://www.mediafire.com/?qu2pdsqmem2c1gi

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2016, 07:03 PM »
Too bad there weren't any more updates before it went down. The latest one sounds great on AV Famicom, but it's slightly too quiet on defaults on the AVS. It's probably too quiet on the original Famicom, as well.

Offline RiBB|Lion

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2017, 02:02 AM »
I'm having some trouble with this mapper on my AV Famicom. Most of the expansion sounds don't sound right. They sound a little bit like the static you hear when you turn on a old CRT TV (but not as loud). The sounds for the star work fine, though. I've seen videos in YouTube of people using the same mapper, and I don't hear the static sounds on their videos. Perhaps it has something to do with my AV Famicom?

Offline darksakul

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2017, 05:31 AM »
Sometimes it's the AC adapter causing the noise.
I had a similar problem with my SNES until I switched Power Supplies.

That Cheap 3-in-1 AC adapter that supports NES, SNES and Genesis you see on eBay is an example of a bad adapter as it causes alot of noise.

Another issue is the AV cables you could be using (analog formats only).
The RF switch is a source of alot of noise and interference, switching to composite video reduce this to a degree, same with a RGB cable.
The Quality of cable also effects this as well, such as a shielded cable outperforms a cheap thin cable.

Offline RiBB|Lion

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2017, 12:45 AM »
I actually​ do use one of those 3-in-1 adapters. I had no idea they would affect the sound of the Famicom. Would it be safe to use a Genesis Model 1 power adapter on an AV Famicom? I have no official AC adapter for it.

As for the video cables, I use the standard composite cords usually bundled with every SNES, N64, and GameCube. I don't really like RF.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2017, 01:03 AM »
I actually​ do use one of those 3-in-1 adapters. I had no idea they would affect the sound of the Famicom. Would it be safe to use a Genesis Model 1 power adapter on an AV Famicom? I have no official AC adapter for it.

As for the video cables, I use the standard composite cords usually bundled with every SNES, N64, and GameCube. I don't really like RF.

Yes it would be, its what I always used before selling my AV famicom in favor of the AVS.

You might also want to check this forum out:
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=6933.0
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO

On my wishlist:
Everdrive GBA - EDGB X3 - Saturn Satisfier

Offline sdqfsdf

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2017, 07:39 PM »
Too bad there weren't any more updates before it went down. The latest one sounds great on AV Famicom, but it's slightly too quiet on defaults on the AVS. It's probably too quiet on the original Famicom, as well.

Do you have any idea if there is a better volume/mix update that is ever going to happen?

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2017, 11:37 PM »
Do you have any idea if there is a better volume/mix update that is ever going to happen?

I'm not the right person to ask. The author of the mapper hasn't posted in ages.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2017, 06:39 PM »

I'm not the right person to ask. The author of the mapper hasn't posted in ages.

I googled the author's screen name since he seems to use the same one everywhere, but he's nowhere to be found. I hope he's alive, I wish him well, he gave an awesome contribution to the everdrive community.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO

On my wishlist:
Everdrive GBA - EDGB X3 - Saturn Satisfier