Author Topic: I am Kid Dracula Famicom rom password codes  (Read 2232 times)

Offline BaNd1t

• View Profile
I am Kid Dracula Famicom rom password codes
« on: July 27, 2015, 07:58 PM »
Hi all,
  So I downloaded the I am Kid Dracula(akumajo special)rom, and have been playing it and am absolutely loving the game. It's INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT and I was wondering if anyone would maybe know where I could find the password codes to put in to progress to the last stages etc. I've searched and searched for them, but haven't been able to find anything. I know they are 3 letter codes, just I don't know what the proper codes are, and all I can seem to find are the codes for the gameboy title.

Thanks again,
BaNd1t

Offline Mezmorize

• View Profile
    • Classic Video Game hacking
Re: I am Kid Dracula Famicom rom password codes
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 05:54 AM »
Necro post, sorry :D

I just seen this thread and took a look at the game.

There are 7 passwords with hex values from 80-AF.
These are the passwords in hex form:
Password 1 - 92 86 A7
Password 2 - A5 A1 A7
Password 3 - 87 A4 A8
Password 4 - 89 8A A3
Password 5 - A0 95 92
Password 6 - 80 8B 90
Password 7 - A7 80 88

I'm not sure how to read and/or type the Japanese characters that are displayed in the game for the passwords.

Therefore, I made a patch to make the passwords very simple to enter. (I put the .ips patch in a .zip folder attached to this post).
The patch is for this rom:
Akumajou Special - Boku Dracula-kun (Japan).nes

After applying the patch:
Choose the second option on the title screen to enter the password menu.
Press down once to enable the first password, and press Start to start the effects of Password 1.
or
Press down twice to enable the second password, and press Start to start the effects of Password 2.
or
Press down three times to enable the third password, and press Start to start the effects of Password 3.
or
Press down four times to enable the fourth password, and press Start to start the effects of Password 4.
or
Press down five times to enable the fifth password, and press Start to start the effects of Password 5.
or
Press down six times to enable the sixth password, and press Start to start the effects of Password 6.
or
Press down seven times to enable the seventh password, and press Start to start the effects of Password 7.

Take note that the selection is very touchy, so just 'quickly' press the down button on the controller, holding it down for too long will cause the character to scroll fast.

And for anyone who may be interested, here's some NES Game Genie code's I've created :-)
Old Codes:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Mezmorize/GameGenie/master/NES%20Game%20Genie%20codes%20by%20Mezmorize.txt

New Codes:
http://www.classicgamehacking.com/2018/07/nes-no-mapper-game-genie-codes.html