Author Topic: Konami Wai Wai World 2 supported?  (Read 9686 times)

Offline Dan Hero

• View Profile
Konami Wai Wai World 2 supported?
« on: February 16, 2014, 06:18 AM »
Hi, I've got an Everdrive N8 and a ntsc NES.
Every rom I tried so far works great, Akumajou Denstsu incuded, but for some reason Wai Wai World 2 refuses to run. It results in a glitchy version of the OS failure screen but every other rom that I run after and before play flawless. It is strange since the rom looks supported by the info screen and by the compatibility .pdf that I have found floating on the net, dunno if it's the mapper since a few games support mapper 21 but they look supported as well. Any hint?
Thank you in advance.

Offline raverrevolution

• View Profile
Re: Konami Wai Wai World 2 supported?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 04:54 PM »
That one always worked well for me.  I know for sure because I actually bought Wai Wai World 2 and while waiting for it to arrive I played it on the N8.  Most likely the rom.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 05:31 PM »
Check that the iNES header is there.

Offline Dan Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 08:57 PM »
I see. Uhm, strange, I downloaded the good roomset from pleasuredome, tried another romset I had, then got the rom from romnation.net and the problem is always the same. Maybe I'm just unlucky, maybe there's something wrong with the memory, but every other roms works fine...

Offline titofff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 01:06 AM »
Same problem here with this game ! The game don't work at all !!
I have NTSC US NES.    :-\

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 08:18 AM »
Try to use the no-intro rom, I finished this game on my N8 and had no issue as far as I remember. The issue is bad rom 90% of the time.

Offline titofff

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 03:16 PM »
Try to use the no-intro rom, I finished this game on my N8 and had no issue as far as I remember. The issue is bad rom 90% of the time.

Hi !

Fine ! Do you have a link for the good rom ?

Thanks.

Offline titofff

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 01:54 AM »
I have tried many versions of this game and none work on everdrive N8 ! so Konami Wai Wai World 2 don't work on everdrive N8.

tested on PAL an US NES CONSOLE...

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 03:43 AM »
I have tried many versions of this game and none work on everdrive N8 ! so Konami Wai Wai World 2 don't work on everdrive N8.

tested on PAL an US NES CONSOLE...

Fine, since you are failing at making it work on your own N8, then Konami Wai Wai World 2 doesn't work on any of the Everdrive N8 of the planet. Me playing with the game on my own Everdrive N8 2 min ago is just a fragment of my imagination. Serously, 3 differents peoples told you it is compatible on their own Everdrive N8. I also told you to get a no-intro dump which I'm sure you haven't tried and instead went to another crap rom website probably download the exact same rom you were having issue before.

Online Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 03:42 PM »
Ease up SkinnyV, He's not 100% in the wrong. Look, I just tested various Wai Wai World 2 ROMs and I did in fact find a lot of them don't work when you have SAVE STATES turned on, Turn off SAVE STATES and the game will load...

Offline titofff

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 04:24 PM »
Ease up SkinnyV, He's not 100% in the wrong. Look, I just tested various Wai Wai World 2 ROMs and I did in fact find a lot of them don't work when you have SAVE STATES turned on, Turn off SAVE STATES and the game will load...

Simply & Clearly !! You Absolutely Right "Aether Knight" Thanks for answer !

So Wai Wai World 2 work fine with save state OFF ! maybe Mr Everdrive N8 will do something for more compatibility in next version of firmware, i hope so...

And...SkinnyV, i already have the NO-INTRO pack for NES !
SERIOUSLY Mister SkinnyV, be kind with your answer next time, thanks.

You talking about NO-INTRO roms ? check that :
http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?56293-MULTI-ROM-SET-No-Intro-Collection-%28Complete-ROM-Sets%29

« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 04:30 PM by titofff »

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 07:11 PM »
First of all if a game does not work with SAVESTATE on it is up to you to test with SAVESTATE off.

Second of all if a game does not work with SAVESTATE it doesn't mean N8 is not "as compatible", SAVESTATEs  were an invention of software emulators and if N8 supports them here and there good for you, if it doesn't in your preferred game so be it.

Third of all you never said in which conditions you were attempting to run it, you never said "these are my settings", you kept on going on that it didn't work, and yet it does work, so take same blame please, Skinny simply didn't like your statement that said "I have tried many versions of this game and none work on everdrive N8 ! so Konami Wai Wai World 2 don't work on everdrive N8." when he just told you he played it and a few people are telling you it works.

Offline titofff

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 08:14 PM »
Well mister phoenixdownita, it's done OK ?

ok, ok we understand what you say.....Pfffff !  >:(
What the fuck is that ? ... First, Second .... too many words for nothing mister.
You talk too much dude... You talk to who ? not me for sure...

Peace for all...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:21 PM by titofff »

Offline raverrevolution

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 09:32 PM »
Relax people.  The problem has been solved.  Let's all just go play out N8s while we wait for more updates.