Author Topic: Question on SD memory cards for EverDrive cross-carting  (Read 17680 times)

Offline esmith13

• View Profile
Re: Question on SD memory cards for EverDrive cross-carting
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 11:26 PM »
The "Complete English Playable" collection of N64 Roms weighs in at 3.59GB for 333 files in .7z format. Not sure what the uncompressed size is.

When I say "Complete English Playable" I am talking all USA releases and then additional (non-duplicate) European titles as well as Japanese titles not already included that are playable by people who only speak/read english. Also relevant prototypes that never had a full release. No hacks/mods tho...

Offline unseenforces

• Stop all the downloading.
    • View Profile
    • Bounty Hunter 4 Hire
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 11:33 PM »
you are like a warm fountain of knowledge. I just want to bathe in your glorious randomly accessible thoughts.

If you can pitch in on my thread in the N64 section, would appreciate it :)

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1343.0

take a gander! Thanks brother

Audaces Fortuna Juvat

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 01:29 AM »
and the entire complete list is under 4GB, tack on another 4GB for save game date for safe measure, I'm still half way through a 16GB card. Just wondering where somebody was saying there's a good 20GB in games alone? Are these like unreleased japanese games or something? Don't see that many games out there!
I was under the impression that you asked if 8GB is enough for all N64 games, and it simply isn't. I extracted the entire no-intro set on my hard drive and it was towards 20GB if I remember correctly. This of course includes ALL region variants of every game (but no hacks or overdumps etc as this is no-intro) so you can make it much smaller if you care at all. For what Japanese exclusives are playable without Japanese literacy you just have to try.

SD cards with class 10 or 6 is good enough. The loading speed on Evedrives is already very fast anyway.

Offline esmith13

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 01:52 AM »
...For what Japanese exclusives are playable without Japanese literacy you just have to try.

Guess you're not familiar with Hyperspin for windows emulation/arcade builds  ;)
All hyperspin minted cartridge rom sets include every game playable by english speakers regardless of region without duplicates. If english playable roms exist in multiple regions deduplication is done with preference to USA first, EU second and JP third.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 01:54 AM by esmith13 »

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 03:02 PM »
Thanks for the tip. But I usually don't bother with those lists, since they tend to miss lots of playable games imo. I have found many Japanese exclusive series just by trying out various roms even the ones with lots of Japanese text. Also I often play the Japanese version of games anyway so I like to have all region roms available.