Author Topic: Turbo/PCE CD?  (Read 5514 times)

aloram

Turbo/PCE CD?
« on: August 13, 2015, 12:44 PM »
Does anyone know of an existing project for the Turbo/PC Engine CD that would allow games to be run off an SD card or hard drive? Thanks.

Offline KalessinDB

• View Profile
Re: Turbo/PCE CD?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 02:00 PM »
Relatively confident in saying this: no current project has been completed

Completely confident in saying this: deunan of GDEMU/Rhea fame is intending to complete one. I think it's next once he's finalized Rhea.
Attempting a complete NTSC-U NES set.  Sell me your games!
What I've Got.  253/677 licensed games, 39/95 unlicensed games (drawing # from NA's "semi-official" list

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 11:15 PM »
Relatively confident in saying this: no current project has been completed

Completely confident in saying this: deunan of GDEMU/Rhea fame is intending to complete one. I think it's next once he's finalized Rhea.

I hope this is true.  It seems like he is getting close to finishing Rhea.

What's up KalessinDB?  Long time, no see.  8)
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Turbo EverDrive    EverDrive N8    SD2SNES    EverDrive64 v3    EverDrive GB    EverDrive GBA    Master EverDrive    Mega EverDrive    EverDrive GG

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 02:15 PM »
Rhea is more than finished, it's already sold (and even sold out for second batch if i remember well).

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 04:58 PM »
Rhea is more than finished, it's already sold (and even sold out for second batch if i remember well).

The 20 pin Rhea is complete, but the 21 pin Rhea is still in development.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Turbo EverDrive    EverDrive N8    SD2SNES    EverDrive64 v3    EverDrive GB    EverDrive GBA    Master EverDrive    Mega EverDrive    EverDrive GG

Offline sk8er000

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 01:36 AM »

The 20 pin Rhea is complete, but the 21 pin Rhea is still in development.
Right but  it's called Phoebe (:

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 10:37 PM »
Deunan's most recent update on his site is mostly talking about finalizing Phoebe (and it sounds like he is pretty close to being done).  Towards the end of this update, he mentions that he is hoping to use some of his upcoming free time to finish the next proto PCB for the PCE.  I know that PC Engine SD card mods have been discussed before, but I really like seeing a recent update indicating that it's still a goal of his.  This makes me excited.

https://gdemu.wordpress.com/2015/11/08/vault-of-the-future/#comments

New FW for Phoebe ODE owners, this one should hopefully fix the region patching issue. Make sure you’ve named the INI file correctly – some devices tried to open and parse Rhea.ini, this was a silly regression on my part and is not an intended behaviour.

USPS shipment tracking  stopped working some time ago – I don’t know why but there’s nothing I can do about it. Same thing happened in 2014 for a month or two but then fixed itself. Might be a bug in their system, might be permanent. You’ll have to be patient I guess, it usually takes 2-3 weeks for the package to arrive.

Regarding future preorders: I will reopen at the end of this month but do note that I most likely won’t be able to deliver anything before January 2016. December is a bad time for shipping anyway. I will use that time to get some rest, finally finish the next proto PCB for PCE, and play Fallout 4.

If there are no more FW issues I will consider Phoebe mature enough for open sale, though unlike Rhea I only have a few more PCBs left and need to order more first. That means longer waiting time. And speaking of that, I almost got all Rheas done on time but GDEMU list still suffered, there’s always something that derails my schedule and once it happens it quickly escalates. With possibly 3 different ODEs it might get even worse. Because of that I’m trying to find a balance between how frequently I can accept orders and how much at once. I know this causes some of you to miss the window but it’s either that or the list waiting time counted in months. There’s only so much I can do, apparently my devices are quite popular. Maybe the price is too low

aloram

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 11:13 PM »
For those registered on the PCEngineFX.com forums (registration is free), there's been a recent discussion over there on this topic.

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=20057.0