Author Topic: Fix your non-working No-Intro rom for Everdrive N8 or Powerpak  (Read 40930 times)

Offline Redifer

• DO! BASEBALL!
    • View Profile
    • Game Sack
Re: Fix your non-working No-Intro rom for Everdrive N8 or Powerpak
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2013, 01:50 AM »
Seriously? I downloaded it from ROMnation, Cool Roms and Rom Hustler and NONE of the US versions worked. None of them were marked [!] so I assume there are no good US dumps.

Offline The_Atomik_Punk!

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2013, 02:51 AM »
Like I've already said Joe, the US Shadowgate ROM from the No-Intro set works perfectly, I've played through it. If you'd really like a working US ROM, pm me your email, and I'll send you the ROM from the set that I use ( I don't think we can attach files through pm, can we?).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:39 PM by The_Atomik_Punk! »

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2013, 04:44 AM »
All those roms download place offer questionnable dump, you should save yourself the headache and try to track down a no-intro set if you ask me.

Offline wolfpacleader1986

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2013, 03:35 PM »
Anyone have issues with Galaxian? On the No-Intro set, the first one is saying "Mapper Not Supported", but the REV. A is giving me a black screen. On the latest BIOS and firmware.

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2013, 12:49 AM »
Anyone have issues with Galaxian? On the No-Intro set, the first one is saying "Mapper Not Supported", but the REV. A is giving me a black screen. On the latest BIOS and firmware.

I answered that question in this thread, but the short answer is that Galaxian usa a very small PRG (8k) that is not supported as of now by either iNES 1.0 or iNES 2.0. The No-Intro ROM is the good/clean dump  (16Kb) but doesn't run in most emulator/flashcart, the goodnes ROM is an overdump/bad dump (24kb) that run in most emulator and on the Everdrive N8.

Offline repetto74

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2015, 08:39 PM »
Hi Guys,

I know this topic is quiet old but I do have also the issue with the No-intro NES roms. Is there any chance to have a link to download the pack of fixed No-intro roms? The old link is dead  :(

Many thanks
Rick

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2015, 09:10 PM »
The link is not dead. You probably tried it while I was switching host. Try it again.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2015, 09:40 PM »
another one to add to the no intro games with wrong ines mapper info is darkman (Europe). i tried it first of all and it was not working but the usa vesions worked. i checked the compatibility chart and the no intro erpe version had the wrong mapper in the ines info so i chaged it to the same mapper as suggested by the chart (MMC1) which is the same as the usa version and it then worked perfectly.
 the screenshots for this game looked better than the actual game plays unfortunately the gameplay on this one is a bit crappy

Offline ginga

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2015, 04:07 AM »
How do you change mappers on NES roms?
Can you make share that Darkman?

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2015, 07:06 PM »
there is an option to change the ines header info within a nes rom with nestopia nes .emulator just dowload the emulator (it's free) then go to file then edit ines header and then just change the mapper type. just follow the chart here http://www.dbwbp.com/misc/Everdrive_N8_Compatibility_List_(OS_V11).pdf to find out what the mapper type should be and once you change it providing that the rom is compatible with the N8 it should work now.
 if you have any problems fixing darkman (europe) yourself then let me know and i can email it to you.

Offline SmokeMonster

• Puzzle Bobbler
  • tsst tchh chh ch ch ch
    • View Profile
    • SmokeMonster YouTube Channel
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2015, 04:07 AM »
Is there any chance that someone share a pack of pre-patched roms? I've spent hours tracking down the correct roms and trying to apply the BPM patches in Beat patcher. No matter what I try, I get the error message "Patch application has failed!".