Author Topic: Compatibility list  (Read 26497 times)

Offline ZM88

• View Profile
Compatibility list
« on: February 08, 2013, 05:48 AM »
I suppose this may be a bit early but has anyone compiled a game compatibility list for this yet? Currently wishing to compare this to the Powerpak(which has color issues in some games).

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
Re: Compatibility list
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 06:12 AM »
Best way would be to look at the mapper compatibility chart and then search bootgod's cart database (http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/) to see what games use which mappers. As of now, the nes powerpak got better compatibility (if using Loopy's third party mapper pack).

Offline stonie

• the red eye'd mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 10:26 PM »
lol i compared powerpaks mappers to the N8, N8 kills it lol

i won't be suprized if there is a big price drop on the powerpak now lol
which it looks like castlevania 3 is on mapper #5, and N8 doesn't support 5, this confuses me because i know in the video krikzz plays 3 in it :/ idk what i am missing here
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:30 PM by stonie »
flashcarts- acecard 2i, everdrive md, everdrive n8, cyclo ievolution

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 10:43 PM »
That mapper chart for the powerpak is not accurate. It doesn't list third parties mapper pack from Loopy and TheFox. Also, Krikzz is seen playing Akumajou Densetsu , the Japanese version of Castlevania 3 which doesn't use the MMC5 mapper but use the VRC-6 instead. The Powerpak can play both the Japanese version and the American version using Loopy's mapper pack.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:52 PM by SkinnyV »

Offline stonie

• the red eye'd mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 11:06 PM »
ya i realized that since i posted, i'm looking up fan translations for japanese games atm because of that lol. castlevania 3 is a must, i think i'm going to take a day to patch every jp game i can find a patch for, there is a big list here http://www.romhacking.net/?platform=1&status=A&languageid=12&perpage=50&page=translations&startpage=1 , they also have like 50 some fds  game translations as well.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 11:58 PM »
That mapper chart for the powerpak is not accurate. It doesn't list third parties mapper pack from Loopy and TheFox. Also, Krikzz is seen playing Akumajou Densetsu , the Japanese version of Castlevania 3 which doesn't use the MMC5 mapper but use the VRC-6 instead. The Powerpak can play both the Japanese version and the American version using Loopy's mapper pack.

MMC5 not supported by bunnyboy, third party packs are buggy as hell..
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 12:10 AM »
MMC5 not supported by bunnyboy, third party packs are buggy as hell..

That statement is totally untrue, Loopy's mapper are much better than the one provided by bunnyboy and have absolutely no stability issues whatsoever. I and many other at nesdev have been using them for years with no issue. Really, I understand the excitement for the new Everdrive 8N, I'm excited too and am waiting to receive mine but you guys need to stop spreading false and inaccurate informations.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 12:14 AM »
i dont think a everdrive forum is the place to praise a rival flashcart thats my 2 cent

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 12:18 AM »
but as stonie said the 'official' mapper chart tells us the everdrive is better and its only a matter of time os updates released by krikzz that it will be even better

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 12:29 AM »
i have just found this info from nesdev on third party pack...

PowerPak mappers (last updated 2011-11-17): CNROM, MMC3, FDS, NSF, VRC4, VRC6, N106, Sunsoft-5B, BxROM, Codemasters, Mapper 90 (incomplete).
PowerPak MMC5 mapper Partial support, some games may not work 100%.

i stand by my previous comment..

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 12:33 AM »
I'm not trying to ''praise'' a rival flashcart, I just don't like people making decision on false informations. Everdrive 8N is awesome and like I said I am waiting for mine just like you guys but it doesn't mean I need to start going around bashing stuff I know nothing about. Yes the Everdrive 8N has the potential to become even more compatible than the NES Powerpak (and with Krikzz support I'm sure it will in due time), but people should understand that it is not the case yet.

So yeah, it might be the official forum of the Everdrive but it is no reason to spread bullshit about anything not Everdrive.

In any case, since you clearly never used the Powerpak and have a totally biased opinion, you shouldn't just post stuff because you ''think'' it is like this or that.

Offline Grambo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 12:34 AM »
I don't think SkinnyV is praising anything. I personally welcome the unbiased information and facts.
The progress that has been made on the Everdrive N8 has already been incredible. I'm confident that the upcoming mappers, compatibility and OSes will be excellent too.

I'm sure Krikzz has plans for the MMC5.

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 12:37 AM »
DVD2VCD, that's just a list of mapper that was added on top of bunnyboy's own mapper and TheFox mapper pack. Also you're standing by your previous statement that third parties's mappers pack are buggy as hell by posting a list of added mapper? I'm confused...

I'll try to compile a compatibility list if I have time so that kind of non-sense talk is put to a stop.

Also, I have no doubt that Krikzz will bring MMC5 mapper support.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 01:34 AM by SkinnyV »

Offline stonie

• the red eye'd mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 02:07 AM »
i think it's safe to assume though that the only game most people care about on mmc5 is cv 3, but there is a translation patch out there for the jp version which is better. it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out though but i'm not worried about it, i was jsut under the impression at first that the vrc6 was just for sound, i was confused about that at first but i quickly fixxed that error in my thinking :P

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 02:37 AM »
Yeah I forgot about the translation patch for Akumajou Densetsu, very good point. That version is indeed superior because of the added sound channel of the VRC-6. The other MMC5 game are not that interesting to me, game like Nobunaga's Ambition 2, Uncharted Water and Romance of the Three Kingdom 2 and other intense chinese themed strategy games as far as I remember.