Author Topic: EverDrive Complete Game Packs  (Read 110217 times)

Offline InnerCircle

• Gamma Irradiated
    • View Profile

Offline BlockABoots

• View Profile
Re: EverDrive Complete Game Packs
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2019, 09:49 PM »
The links in that reddit post are out of date and not working anymore.

Can someone explain how to compile SmokerMonsters packs for Windows, i have the no-intro romset, EverDrive-Packs-Lists-Database (with all the .txt files in) and Python installed but haven't a clue to compile say if i wanted to compile the, Mega EverDrive SMDB??

roms are located in, d:\roms\genesis
everdrive pack list is located in, d:\SM Everdrive Packs
and python, c:\python

or failing that where the latest Everdrive complete download can be found?

Offline jordi999

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2020, 05:06 PM »
it does not work

Offline smsfan

• View Profile

Offline marionintendo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2020, 05:44 PM »
The pack has been taken down on archive.org unfortunately.

Offline robg1979

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2020, 12:10 AM »
Strange times indeed for the packs. They were taken down on Archive, then the next day went back up. The uploader spent the next day or so uploading everything again, but within 2 days they were gone again.

Not sure why this has happened so quickly this time. It's par for the course that every so often they get removed, but for the past few years at least they then normally find a new page (or home) fairly quickly.

This time it feels different, like maybe someone or some entity higher up is (Nintendo perhaps?) actively ensuring they are no longer available. I hope I'm wrong and they find a new home somewhere.

It may be that they have to be scattered by console from now on to ensure their survival, rather than having everything on one page. Or maybe having titles that don't mention 'Everdrive' might help.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 12:17 AM by robg1979 »

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2020, 12:28 AM »
Strange times indeed for the packs. They were taken down on Archive, then the next day went back up. The uploader spent the next day or so uploading everything again, but within 2 days they were gone again.

Not sure why this has happened so quickly this time. It's par for the course that every so often they get removed, but for the past few years at least they then normally find a new page (or home) fairly quickly.

This time it feels different, like maybe someone or some entity higher up is (Nintendo perhaps?) actively ensuring they are no longer available. I hope I'm wrong and they find a new home somewhere.

It may be that they have to be scattered by console from now on to ensure their survival, rather than having everything on one page. Or maybe having titles that don't mention 'Everdrive' might help.

Seeing that outcome is just about as random as the recently released Famicom game America Daitouryou Senkyo unfinished being removed from romhackings page a single hour after it was uploaded though it was bad timing with what just happened over there, almost the same outcome as Star Ocean Blue Sphere on the Gameboy ended up being lost... likely nearer to the time in the future it will not be lost to time.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline justinwebb

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2020, 02:36 PM »
Never had an issue finding any sort of pack or rom, having been on private torrent sites for retro video games since early 2000's.  There are about 6 or so good ones out there currently.   Try to get into one.

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2020, 11:42 PM »

Seeing that outcome is just about as random as the recently released Famicom game America Daitouryou Senkyo unfinished being removed from romhackings page a single hour after it was uploaded though it was bad timing with what just happened over there, almost the same outcome as Star Ocean Blue Sphere on the Gameboy ended up being lost... likely nearer to the time in the future it will not be lost to time.

Edit: It's back up now but with a text replacement to imagine its one of the near earliest Japan games that came out if you consider 1987 is my closest target http://www.romhacking.net/translations/5755/
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 12:44 AM by Richardragon87 »
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!