Author Topic: Can Everdrive use cheat code on FDS?  (Read 268 times)

Offline wilykat

• View Profile
Can Everdrive use cheat code on FDS?
« on: July 11, 2021, 03:00 PM »
And is there a list of FDS cheat codes?  I want to play Zelda II but it's a fairly hard game. One difference is that you do lose levels when you get game over. ie you had 3 attack, 1 health, and 1 magic level. When it's game over, all falls to the lowest levels so you'd lose 2 attack levels.  I wanted to find cheat code to boosts xp gained similar to 255 xp from monster code for NES version (the code did not work on FDS)

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: Can Everdrive use cheat code on FDS?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 10:35 AM »
You have to raise levels equally on the FDS version of the game. I think levels raises very fast in this game and you will soon reach level 8 without cheating long before the endgame. The game gets harder at the end of the game even when maxed everything to 8, so cheating won't really help in the end. You may want to raise your own "skill level" before you get that far.
The no-intro version of the game's save files seems to be broken with missing items. You could try creating 3 files and deleting them again and see if it fixes it though.

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
Re: Can Everdrive use cheat code on FDS?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 10:38 PM »
You may better off use the FDS restoration patch that changed Zelda II to the Japanese version based off the (World) rom of the NES game, despite it loosing the change over to disk if that is what it had as well as the enhanced audio changes it's pretty much an identical experience and is worth trying.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!