Author Topic: Konami VRC7 Mapper Support Package  (Read 73570 times)

Offline leoncrise

• View Profile
Re: Konami VRC7 Mapper Support Package
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 05:11 AM »
Hi everybody,

thanks for the feedback so far!

I have started to implement first FM functions, but as I indicated, this will take a longer time to develop and debug. I want to make my implementation as close as possible to the real chip.

Since I am leaving now for 2 weeks vacation, my activities will stop during this period.

On a general note: I really appreciate the feedback and gesture, but my activities here are just for my own self-motivated hobby purpose, and I want to keep it this way.

But again: I really appreciate the warm feedback, and it's of course always a nice feeling when something you do for yourself is also useful for other people. ;-)

Best regards,

Necronomfive

I don't know how to thank you, tell me your account number, I think I can donate some money for your hard woking!!!

Offline Necronomfive

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 12:00 AM »
Hello all,

I haven't got this installed on my card yet, but looks like this post is getting its props.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32wWs2j2S0Q

Very interesting! I honestly did not anticipate that my mapper would be helpful for this particular use-case.

Anyway, I'm back from my vacation and resumed work on the YM2413 FM implementation, so that anyone will be able to have the extra sound channels.

Again: this is way more complex than Sunsoft 5B audio, so it will take some time.
BR,

Necronomfive

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 02:10 AM »
What not asking kevin to share his ;-)

Offline Necronomfive

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 02:07 PM »

And where is the fun in that? ;-)

Seriously, I always prefer doing my own logic implementions and retain full control over my contributions. The driving force behind my motivation is partly to get the game going, but mostly for my own educational purpose.

BR,

Necronomfive
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 02:09 PM by Necronomfive »

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 08:39 AM »
Just for shit and giggles:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242970-fpga-based-videogame-system/
as a reaction to:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/235430-how-has-this-not-been-posted-yet-retro-vgs/page-60#entry3325199
[you can read all the drama about the retroVGS in that thread but ... as I said just" for shit and giggles"

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 12:47 AM »
Hello guys,

after some warm-up time now, here is my next Everdrive N8 mapper: Konami VRC7 support.

This is supported by 2 games: the Famicom version of "Tiny Toons 2" and of course "Lagrange Point".

Before everyone gasps now: this initial version supports only the mapper functionality, not the additional FM sound channels... yet. ;-)

So, it is good enough to play the games, but the full sound functionality will take me some time.

Disclaimer: I guarantee no delivery date or schedule for any kind of updates on this mapper. It is done when it is done, and this largely depends on my interest and availability of free time. ;-)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=01897062818200363928

Installation: unzip the archive, replace "MAPROUT.BIN" in EDFC directory, and copy "085.RBF" to EDFC/MAPS.

Finally: enjoy! ;-)

BR,

Necronomfive

I think that when I installed the 085.RBF file, it replaced an existing one inside the folder (I'm using the latest os12). The question is, since it replaced a file, will that break any game?
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline GreatFunky

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2015, 09:35 AM »
Hello guys,

after some warm-up time now, here is my next Everdrive N8 mapper: Konami VRC7 support.

This is supported by 2 games: the Famicom version of "Tiny Toons 2" and of course "Lagrange Point".

Before everyone gasps now: this initial version supports only the mapper functionality, not the additional FM sound channels... yet. ;-)

So, it is good enough to play the games, but the full sound functionality will take me some time.

Disclaimer: I guarantee no delivery date or schedule for any kind of updates on this mapper. It is done when it is done, and this largely depends on my interest and availability of free time. ;-)

Installation: unzip the archive, replace "MAPROUT.BIN" in EDFC directory, and copy "085.RBF" to EDFC/MAPS.

BR,

Necronomfive

I think that when I installed the 085.RBF file, it replaced an existing one inside the folder (I'm using the latest os12). The question is, since it replaced a file, will that break any game?

Krikzz have updated this mapper in os 12 so it's useless now... until Necronomfive made a new one with the additional FM sound  ;)

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2015, 10:02 PM »
Hello guys,

BR,

Necronomfive

Krikzz have updated this mapper in os 12 so it's useless now... until Necronomfive made a new one with the additional FM sound  ;)

Oh Bummer, all that effort was for naught. Which one works best? or should we wait for the FM sound addition?
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline GreatFunky

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2015, 10:18 PM »
Both should work fine , no problem because os12 support natively , you can play lagrange point and wait the next FM improvement

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 08:16 PM »
Yeah, I'm bumping an old thread.

Seeing if there was an update to this. Otherwise...

I just got around to playing with it today, but I'm not getting any sound out from my N8 with my Twin Fami. Using OS13.  Any help?

Offline GreatFunky

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 08:43 PM »
I'm still using os12 because os13 was an update for Hi-Def NES HDMI Adapter that i do not have . I have no FM sound but other sounds are working under lagrange point...

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2016, 02:55 AM »
Ahh, thought the music was working as well. I did get some sound now. Thanks!

Offline wyatt8740

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2016, 06:14 AM »
I've asked him - he doesn't want to share it unless he's getting some money for his time.

It'd be very nice, of course, but he's also said in IRC on multiple occasions that he's thinking of making a flash cart. Right now, it seems like he's not, but he's probably wanting to hold onto it just in case.

Offline polyh3dron

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2016, 12:27 PM »
Yeah, it seems a bit crazy to expect full on YM2612 emulation from the N8. Seems like the only option to play the translation of this game with sound on Famicom hardware is the NES HDMI adapter, or the Analogue NT that can also be equipped with it.

Offline hunterk

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2016, 04:30 PM »
I've asked him - he doesn't want to share it unless he's getting some money for his time.
Did he give any sort of price range for it? I think people here would pretty gladly pitch in on a bounty for working VRC7 audio and fixed FDS audio.