Author Topic: Konami VRC7 Mapper Support Package  (Read 73553 times)

Offline GAME1213

• View Profile

Offline Eno

• View Profile
Re: Konami VRC7 Mapper Support Package
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2016, 07:02 PM »
Getting errors when running both the jap and eng versions of the game.  Is there something else I have to do to get the mappers working on it?

Offline Jive3D

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2016, 06:21 PM »
I just tried it on my Everdrive N8 using OS 14 on the AVS system, both the original J rom and the J rom with the (seemingly) most recent English translation patch just come up as a grey screen...

Is this Maprout.bin & .RBF meant for an earlier firmware than 14?

Before trying these files the English patched rom ran fine on my AVS, but of course without the music...

I *THINK* that the AVS supports the HiDefNES audio (I'm totally new to this, but have tried to read around a bit)... if the sound is supposed to work on the Analogue NT, I *THINK* (hope, really :)) that it should work on the AVS.

Anyone get it working on the AVS?

Thanks!

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2016, 07:54 PM »
I just tried it on my Everdrive N8 using OS 14 on the AVS system, both the original J rom and the J rom with the (seemingly) most recent English translation patch just come up as a grey screen...

Before trying these files the English patched rom ran fine on my AVS, but of course without the music...

I *THINK* that the AVS supports the HiDefNES audio (I'm totally new to this, but have tried to read around a bit)... if the sound is supposed to work on the Analogue NT, I *THINK* (hope, really :)) that it should work on the AVS.

Thanks!

The AVS does not support expansion audio.  The game should work without expansion sound using the stock OS 14 mapper.
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline Jive3D

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2016, 10:23 PM »
Thanks, Great Hierophant.

Dang, no expansion audio support on the AVS. Thanks for letting me know... so then there might be hope (for this running as it would from an OEM) in the future maybe via some Krikzz programing mastery? Happy to wait, as long as it's not like the wait for Dragon Hopper.

And yes, the game seeming runs great on OS14 outside of the audio...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 10:41 PM by Jive3D »

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2016, 10:24 PM »

Thanks!

The AVS does not support expansion audio.  The game should work without expansion sound using the stock OS 14 mapper.

The AVS does support expansion audio if you use a real cartridge, what it will not do is emulate VRC7 sound like the hidefnes does.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2016, 03:12 AM »

Thanks!

The AVS does support expansion audio if you use a real cartridge, what it will not do is emulate VRC7 sound like the hidefnes does.

I meant to say that the AVS does not support expansion audio like the HiDef NES mod does.  The HiDef NES Mod and the Analogue Nt recreate expansion audio like internal NES audio through its FPGA.  The AVS does not generate expansion sound on its FPGA but will digitize sound produced by a cartridge.
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline polyh3dron

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2016, 10:45 AM »
So, since the code to simulate the Lagrange Point audio hardware on a FPGA already exists on the HiDefNES thanks to Kevtris, wouldn't it be possible to just use his code for the EDN8?

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2016, 03:32 PM »
So, since the code to simulate the Lagrange Point audio hardware on a FPGA already exists on the HiDefNES thanks to Kevtris, wouldn't it be possible to just use his code for the EDN8?

Nope. Kevtris has already signed with the analogue nt team, he can't sell or license his code to anyone else.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline MaarioS

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2016, 09:36 PM »
seriuz byznyzmyn

Offline sneakernets

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2016, 12:58 AM »

Nope. Kevtris has already signed with the analogue nt team, he can't sell or license his code to anyone else.
aaand suddenly I remember why a few AtariAge guys said this was a bad idea. How the hell can they take his source code when they order from him his own HDMI kits? That doesn't give them the right to any of that code - that's not how any industry works. They weren't made for the Analogue specifically, so why do they get dibs?

What a bummer.

Offline MaarioS

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2016, 03:15 AM »
Any shit like that is absolutely stupid. We are a community that is so small that it's a heaven's bless if anyone produces something like a new remade NES console, Everdrive, adapter device etc. Let alone something hardcore like extra audio implementation that almost no one could achieve.

If any of this happened, it should be distributed open source or at least available to purchase in some way, in device form or software form. Everyone so much appreciates that either way. Seriously, after all that there appear assholes that sign contracts and make each other a competitor like in 1980s in such small community like ours?? Complete bullshit this is just stupid and shove all of those projects anywhere you want in this case. No offense, end of story

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2016, 03:28 AM »

aaand suddenly I remember why a few AtariAge guys said this was a bad idea. How the hell can they take his source code when they order from him his own HDMI kits? That doesn't give them the right to any of that code - that's not how any industry works. They weren't made for the Analogue specifically, so why do they get dibs?

What a bummer.

When money is at stake, stuff like this matters. But don't ask me, Kevtris is not obligated to share any of his work with anyone.

On the other hand, Necronomfive said he was working on VRC7 sound support, and then he dissapeared after some time. Probably Real Lifetm happened to him. Oh well, somebody else will add this at some point. if not, I'll just play lagrange point on an emulator.

Offline polyh3dron

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2016, 11:28 AM »
Honestly, how many more sales of the Analogue NT will happen just because it's the only hardware you can play the English-translated Lagrange Point on when in conjunction with an EDN8 and the patched ROM? If you ask me, I find the withholding of the VRC7 audio code to be quite petty. But it's Kevtris and Analogue's prerogative to do it, so.. welp.

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2016, 11:53 AM »
Kevtris probably spent many hours perfecting code for the vrc7 expansion sound code so he's entitled to do with it as he pleases. In a free market economy this is how its done. Analogue NT & co. saw this as one of the selling points and more than likely locked down a contract. Kevtris would be a fool to turn it down. However this doesn't mean vrc7 is without reach. I'm sure someone will step up and create an alternate vrc7 option that doesn't step on anyone's toes. That suggestion of hiring a FPGA programmer for x$/hr. looks like a possible solution as well.