Author Topic: Konami VRC7 Mapper Support Package  (Read 67784 times)

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
Re: Konami VRC7 Mapper Support Package
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2016, 05:29 AM »
Kevtris probably spent many hours perfecting code for the vrc7 expansion sound code so he's entitled to do with it as he pleases. In a free market economy this is how its done. Analogue NT & co. saw this as one of the selling points and more than likely locked down a contract. Kevtris would be a fool to turn it down. However this doesn't mean vrc7 is without reach. I'm sure someone will step up and create an alternate vrc7 option that doesn't step on anyone's toes. That suggestion of hiring a FPGA programmer for x$/hr. looks like a possible solution as well.

That might work, Shadow from the PS-IO team hired an FPGA programmer on a contract basis to be able to re-write the firmware for the PS-IO. If we follow his example it might work for us as well; I suggest everyone on this thread donate money to the cause via an indie gogo campaign, or via a patreon account, in order to pay a programmer on a contract basis to make the code for us.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline fys

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2016, 11:49 PM »
Please point me to the source code for Everdrive N8.

Honestly, how many more sales of the Analogue NT will happen just because it's the only hardware you can play the English-translated Lagrange Point on when in conjunction with an EDN8 and the patched ROM? If you ask me, I find the withholding of the VRC7 audio code to be quite petty. But it's Kevtris and Analogue's prerogative to do it, so.. welp.

Offline zansatsu0

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2016, 05:55 AM »

Offline zansatsu0

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2016, 06:28 AM »
Also for anyone interested, Kevin has documented his research on the VRC-VII in the link below. All of this information can be had by looking at the source for emulators and doesn't solely depend on Kevin anymore.

http://kevtris.org/nes/vrcvii.txt

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2016, 01:12 AM »
I would be completely against ANY firmware development that is not sanctioned by Krikzz.

Offline mario64

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2017, 01:16 AM »
I just updated to OS v15 via overwriting my existing files. Everything seems to work fine but I do have a question. This custom mapper requires replacement of MAPROUT.BIN. Thing is, the new OS has a newer version of that file. Given that, is it safe to replace? Interestingly, I still am getting graphics in Lagrange Point using the newer one. No idea why or how though

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2017, 04:49 PM »
I just updated to OS v15 via overwriting my existing files. Everything seems to work fine but I do have a question. This custom mapper requires replacement of MAPROUT.BIN. Thing is, the new OS has a newer version of that file. Given that, is it safe to replace? Interestingly, I still am getting graphics in Lagrange Point using the newer one. No idea why or how though

Kkrikz added support for the mapper, just no sound support yet. Not sure what the point of that would be, but it's there anyways.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline mario64

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2017, 03:01 AM »
Ahh ok cool. Thanks. Didn't realize that

Offline infinest

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2017, 03:46 PM »
Kkrikz added support for the mapper, just no sound support yet. Not sure what the point of that would be, but it's there anyways.
People with a Hidef NES kit can play it on their Everdrive with the Audio coming from the Hidef NES kit.

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2017, 07:26 PM »
 Necronomfive has updated his VRC7 mapper to add sound support, get it from here : http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16101
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline Brachabre

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2017, 10:03 PM »
Sweeeeet!  ;D

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2017, 03:07 AM »
Necronomfive has updated his VRC7 mapper to add sound support, get it from here : http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16101

say whaaaaaaaaat? Lets go play some lagrange point madafakas!!!
Thank you necronomfive you are awesome!!!!

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2017, 08:31 AM »

Did it work for you? the game keeps crashing on me a minute after booting.

I'm using an AVS + EDN8 fami version. I tried all of the firmwares available for the AVS. I also tried v14 and v15 EDN8 OS versions, and I also followed the instructions to the letter, including formatting the SD card and defragmenting it. :(

Offline sammy555

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2017, 09:04 AM »

I'm using an AVS + EDN8 fami version. I tried all of the firmwares available for the AVS. I also tried v14 and v15 EDN8 OS versions, and I also followed the instructions to the letter, including formatting the SD card and defragmenting it. :(

Ah that sucks for you. Working for me although the music is a little quiet. Hopefully that's fixed.

I'm using AV Famicom with fami n8

Offline BarbieOnWeed

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2017, 10:33 AM »

Same for me. :( Im on famicom with OS v15.