Author Topic: Unofficial Everdrive N8 Compatiblity List  (Read 15168 times)

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
Unofficial Everdrive N8 Compatiblity List
« on: February 09, 2013, 06:33:47 AM »
I took the liberty of compiling an unofficial compatibility list for those of you who were wondering what will be supported once you receive your Everdrive N8. This list contain most if not all the official release (used Bootgod's cart database) but doesn't contain most pirate game. It is safe to assume that most pirate games with crazy mapper won't be supported, I also added a Nes Powerpak column to help compare the 2 products without relying on misinformation spread by peoples who never owned a Nes flash cart before but insist on making statements.

Anyway, it is probably not perfect but I hope it will be helpful to some of you and keep everyone busy while we're awaiting our Everdrive N8!

Everdrive N8_Compatibility_List (OS V11)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:18:40 PM by SkinnyV »

Offline Martin

• View Profile
Re: Unofficial Everdrive N8 Compatiblity List
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 09:02:29 AM »
tnx for this!

Offline Grambo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 12:59:15 PM »
I also added a Nes Powerpak column to help compare the 2 products without relying on misinformation spread by peoples who never owned a Nes flash cart before but insist on making statements.

Lol, I think anger fed the creation of this list :)
Either way, thanks a bunch SkinnyV. That's an impressively long, detailed and well laid out list. The colors make me happy.

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 02:02:43 PM »
I think it's safe to say we do not have to worry about compatibility for licensed games. Very impressive for a first release.

Offline Grambo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
Couldn't agree more.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 03:56:49 PM »
I also added a Nes Powerpak column to help compare the 2 products without relying on misinformation spread by peoples who never owned a Nes flash cart before but insist on making statements.

Lol, I think anger fed the creation of this list :)

i agree grambo, or why the hell add a powerpak column LOL ok so powerpak supports save states,who created the save state thing? bunny boy? its a cool list tho gotta admit!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 04:16:33 PM by dvd2vcd »

Offline JimmyMz

• I am a Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 04:27:36 PM »
removed
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 03:19:31 PM by gone »
Nothing for sale right now, but more stuff coming soon. Message me on this forum by clicking the envelope icon under my name.

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 06:47:43 PM »
It wasn't made out of anger, it was made first and foremost to help people that were not sure which mapper was used in which games and what would work when they get their everdrive. I also included the Powerpak column for those who were wondering the current difference between Powerpak and Everdrive N8 so they do not have to rely on the incorrect information being spread lately because unfortunatly, the most vocal users about this subject don't really seem to be the most knowledgeable about the subject. With that list available, it will be easier for peoples to confirm things.

And thanks for the comments people, I'll be sure to fix your small issues with centering tonight jimmyemunoz;)

Edit: I corrected the centering on the list.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 08:57:49 PM by SkinnyV »

Offline Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 10:53:49 PM »
Sweet nobody has one yet and we already can theorize what will run on it!

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 03:36:36 AM »
i apoligise to all about my narrow minded comments, sorry guys, the list is interesting i gotta say, looked through it and im shocked that the N8 supports way more games than the PP, so krikzz should pat himself on the back for a brill job!

unsupported games counted:
42 for N8 and a shocking 119 for PP

just need save state implemented and its all good :) but for a first release for the N8 is mind blowing and the compat list just showed me why im glad i bought it, i was gonna buy a powerpak few months back but the price put me right off lol however the see thru case is sexy, i have the snes PP cos i love the case, anyway im sorry bout previous comments :)

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 04:06:46 AM »
I actually got quite surprised once all my excel formula where written and I had my first look at the finished list. In term of regular released game, pretty much everything is covered and it's only the first release. There's a very few games that the Everdrive N8 is supporting that the Powerpak is not and vice versa but Krikzz should really get a pat on the back as it took a long time for the Powerpak to get to a similar state and this is mind blowing that he was able to cover so much ground on the very first official release. I know that Loopy made his mapper's source code available but we're only talking about 5 or 6 mappers, it must have been quite a job to get that kind of compatibility so quickly.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 04:15:28 AM »
il be doing somersaults when save state is implemented LOL

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 10:10:16 PM »
Just to let you guys know that the compatibility list is now up to date with nesos-s2m3.

Offline stonie

• the red eye'd mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 10:24:25 PM »
btw it's not biggie but i noticed earthbound zero(the nes earthbound prototype) isn't listed on your chart, i know that it should be compatible though for it runs mmc5 like mother 1 does. jsut thought i'd toss that out there
flashcarts- acecard 2i, everdrive md, everdrive n8, cyclo ievolution

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 10:28:03 PM »
It is not listed as it is not part of the bootgod's cart database. I might manually add it in the future though. Thanks for pointing it out.

Map