Author Topic: Unofficial Everdrive N8 Compatiblity List  (Read 188928 times)

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: Unofficial Everdrive N8 Compatiblity List
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2013, 11:23 PM »
Compatibility looks great to me.  This list doesn't include FDS am I right?  Because I don't see Doki Doki Panic listed (only game I know the name for on FDS).
All FDS games uses the same mapper, the one for the RAM Adapter. So there's not much point in listing all the FDS games' titles. But some games may have trouble for other reasons. Like multi disk games. I don't know if those work or not though.

Well if I still had an NES deck I'd buy one.  Maybe that will be in my plans in the future.  It's probably difficult to acquire an original one that some dumb kid didn't blow inside of though.
You can have the cartridge connector replaced or get an AV-modded Famicom.

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2013, 01:01 AM »
Xexyx is marked as supported on the list, i just tried "xexyx (usa).nes" on my pal nes and although the game boots to the menu screen, then lets me press start to play, it hangs as soon as the level is loaded (background is shown, but no character sprites)
i'm aware that it could be the rom i'm using, or even the fact that it's a USA rom on a pal console, but if not then i'm assuming the list want amending mebbe?

You pretty much answered your own question. Ntsc nes game on Pal console and vice versa will be problematic on many occasion.

Offline rocketblast

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2013, 02:29 AM »
I guess just edit the list and put in FDS Games in bold and a green highlight all the way across lol.

Compatibility looks great to me.  This list doesn't include FDS am I right?  Because I don't see Doki Doki Panic listed (only game I know the name for on FDS).
All FDS games uses the same mapper, the one for the RAM Adapter. So there's not much point in listing all the FDS games' titles. But some games may have trouble for other reasons. Like multi disk games. I don't know if those work or not though.

Well if I still had an NES deck I'd buy one.  Maybe that will be in my plans in the future.  It's probably difficult to acquire an original one that some dumb kid didn't blow inside of though.
You can have the cartridge connector replaced or get an AV-modded Famicom.

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2014, 07:04 AM »
List was updated to reflect the change from Everdrive N8 OS v9

Offline ZM88

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2014, 07:50 AM »
Heh, given the excellence of the compatibility, you're probably better off making a list of games that aren't compatible.

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2014, 08:22 AM »
Hehe I hear you, but it's also a reference for people who want to figure out why a game is not running. They go verify the game and if it's listed as comparible, they'll check their rom or the mapper listed on the list to make sure  the mapper from the rom header is the correct one.

Offline wyatt8740

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2014, 11:32 PM »
Final Fantasy has graphical bugs during battles for me.

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2014, 08:15 AM »
...Tested and found that Low G Man - The Low Gravity Man bottom screen w/ the score, life etc. glitches up whenever you use the boomerang weapon. I managed to freeze the game when i attempted to spam boomerangs. Just FYI I tested this on multiple ROMs of Low G Man...both (U) and (E) as well as with SS on and off with the same result...

:::UPDATE:::...Ok so I did more testing and it looks like multiple versions ("E" and "U") and the verified good dump "[!]" all freeze on stage 1-3 regardless of having SS on/off. Tested on OS v9.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:28 PM by Aether Knight »

Offline julencin2000

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2014, 01:02 AM »
Maybe Takahashi Meijin no Bouken Jima IV is not in the compatibility list because it isn't in Bootgod's database neither?

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2014, 11:27 PM »
Maybe Takahashi Meijin no Bouken Jima IV is not in the compatibility list because it isn't in Bootgod's database neither?

Yes, that is correct. I'm planning to do some change to the list that would make it more precise and useful but it is going to take some time. After that, we will be able to add game more easily and more detail about specific issues.

Offline HtheB

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2014, 01:04 PM »
I hope that one day the notorious Action 52 will be supported....  ;D

Offline bran479

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2014, 04:19 AM »
When looking at power pak column for supported games is this stock mappers 1.34 or with using thrid party mappers?

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2014, 01:09 AM »
Mapper compatibility of the Powerpak column is based on third party mappers (Loopy's mapper and TheFox savestate mapper). Those are pretty much the standard and the so called "stock" mappers are a joke and nobody should still be using them anymore.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 01:11 AM by SkinnyV »

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2014, 12:09 AM »
i also decided to try low g man. i tried the usa version on my av famicom. i had the same issue as Aether Knight with the boomerang weapon. i never had a proper go on this game before level 1-3 but the game froze twice at game over. once on level 1-1 and once on level 1-2.
 it seems like this game is badly broken. shame because the game was fun while it lasted. hopefully krikzz can fix it. does anyone have any idea why this game is broken?
 i didn't bvother trying the pal version because Aether Knight said the issues were the same on both rom versions. i used the no intro usa rom btw.

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2014, 11:30 PM »
"Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (PC10) [!]". CHR is listed as 17? Background is scrambled but PRG looks OK. Tested on OS v9.1

"Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (U) [!]" & "Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (E) [!p]" tested and work fine.

:::UPDATE:::

- "Rad Racer II (PC10) [!]". CHR is listed as 9? Background is scrambled but PRG looks OK. Tested on OS v9.1

"Rad Racer II (U) [!]" tested and work fine.

- "VS. TKO Boxing (VS) [!]" This is a patched rom. Not sure if its the patch that is causing it (although it plays fine in emulators) but the graphics in the ring are scrambled. Still somewhat playable though.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 04:49 PM by Aether Knight »