Author Topic: Unofficial Everdrive N8 Compatiblity List  (Read 188702 times)

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
Re: Unofficial Everdrive N8 Compatiblity List
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2016, 07:31 AM »
Probably a dumb question, but with this list, do all the green lines mean they work on Everdrive?

The majority of games should work fine yeah?

Thanks.

Unless the whole left side of the line is red, you can play it. The green or red Yes/No boxes show whether save states are supported for the rom as well.

The right-most two columns are whether the PowerPak supports those games and save states for a competitive comparison between products.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2016, 07:26 AM »
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline NiMaD83

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 05, 2016, 04:26 AM »
Is that the current list of non working games? I just got mine today and was looking further into this and found the list from last year i think and it had a handful of KOEI games on there that I love and was disappointed when i saw them.  So thats why i ask for verification.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2016, 03:39 PM »
Is that the current list of non working games? I just got mine today and was looking further into this and found the list from last year i think and it had a handful of KOEI games on there that I love and was disappointed when i saw them.  So thats why i ask for verification.

Are you using the latest OS with nointro roms? According to Kkirkz almost everything should.be working now.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2016, 05:50 PM »
Seemed relevant to this thread:

https://twitter.com/krikzz/status/790947392753393665

For most of the common games on that list like The Adventures of Lolo, you need to fix the  header to designate the proper mapper, then it will work.
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2016, 06:40 PM »
Seemed relevant to this thread:

https://twitter.com/krikzz/status/790947392753393665

For most of the common games on that list like The Adventures of Lolo, you need to fix the  header to designate the proper mapper, then it will work.

I've never had to do that with pure no_intro roms

Offline NiMaD83

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2016, 11:04 PM »

Are you using the latest OS with nointro roms? According to Kkirkz almost everything should.be working now.
I am using the most recent files for ED on my sd card and for roms not sure if they are the no-intro set but they are labeled like this
Gemfire (USA).nes
Bandit Kings of Ancient China (USA).nes
Empereur, L' (USA).zip
Nobunaga's Ambition II (USA).nes
Romance of the Three Kingdoms II (USA).nes
Uncharted Waters (USA).nes

^^ none of those worked all jarbled mess

sd files
mappers - 27.9.2015

*also how many roms can be shown on the screen ? I had the set in one folder and only D-M was showing
(i have them separated now though)

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2016, 07:55 PM »

I am using the most recent files for ED on my sd card and for roms not sure if they are the no-intro set but they are labeled like this
Gemfire (USA).nes
Bandit Kings of Ancient China (USA).nes
Empereur, L' (USA).zip
Nobunaga's Ambition II (USA).nes
Romance of the Three Kingdoms II (USA).nes
Uncharted Waters (USA).nes

^^ none of those worked all jarbled mess

sd files
mappers - 27.9.2015

*also how many roms can be shown on the screen ? I had the set in one folder and only D-M was showing
(i have them separated now though)

Those Koei games do not display correctly and will not until substantial improvements are made to the OS.  There is nothing that can be done about it at the present time, the NES PowerPak runs most of them.
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline NiMaD83

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2016, 08:02 PM »

damn . And I wanted a CIB flash cart like the snes2sd and thought Everdrive was the most compatible with the roms. Well i hope the improvements do get back sooner than later since KOEI games are a main interest

Offline NiMaD83

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 05, 2016, 09:58 AM »
Just a heads up... atleast for me Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
USA
NES-NTSC

is all a garbled mess. Menus work fine but when gameplay starts its all well garbled or w/e the phrase is for it. The list shows it works just not save states but not for me. I'm on the most recent update as of a few weeks ago and using it on an avs (dont think this matters) and its updated as well.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2016, 08:47 PM »
Just a heads up... atleast for me Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
USA
NES-NTSC

is all a garbled mess. Menus work fine but when gameplay starts its all well garbled or w/e the phrase is for it. The list shows it works just not save states but not for me. I'm on the most recent update as of a few weeks ago and using it on an avs (dont think this matters) and its updated as well.

The AVS is undergoing some changes, make sure you use FW version 1.10 when you try the game. If you are getting this error with the latest version but not with 1.10, then you should probably report it on the official AVS forums.

Also, re-download the rom from edge emu dot net, and try again. Make sure you test it on a real NES as well, to discard.

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2016, 02:58 PM »
OK. Not sure its been listed or observed yet, but "Asmik-kun Land (J)" is exhibiting the same problems Mickey's Safari in Letterland (i.e. Shaking bottom HUD screen) Both are Mapper 4.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2016, 09:31 PM »
I saw some random graphical glitches on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, but I'm using the AVS so I need to test out some more. I will try redownloading the nointro rom and test it with FW1.10.

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2016, 05:45 AM »
OK. Not sure its been listed or observed yet, but "Asmik-kun Land (J)" is exhibiting the same problems Mickey's Safari in Letterland (i.e. Shaking bottom HUD screen) Both are Mapper 4.

The PowerPak also has shaking status bars for both games, no fixes.

Offline Asaki

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2016, 01:17 PM »
I don't know if this is the right thread, but I have a small list of my own, made even smaller after I went through and replaced some of my bad ROMs:

Final Fantasy III - the translation by ad0220 doesn't work, says "ERROR A5", but I was told that the EDN8 doesn't support ROMs that large anyway: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1590/

Dragon Ball/Dragon Power - English translation doesn't work, but I'm not surprised since it doesn't really work in emulators either. Terrible (U) game works fine, (J) works fine, (F) works but with PAL speedup: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/131/

Elite - both PAL and NTSC versions are graphically glitchy, mapper 1+SS

Hard Drivin' (prototype) - I remember this one being glitchy like Elite. Maybe my memory is just bad, but now all I get is gray screen. Bad header, maybe?

Tank - I have this written right next to the two above games, but I'm not sure what ROM it's referring to, since I must have deleted it

Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy (Mapper 71) - graphical glitches, plus the non-Aladdin version crashes right away

Juvei Quest (19+SS) - (J) works fine, but the English patch just loads gray screen. Patching the [A1] ROM seems to work okay, although Beat will complain that the patch failed: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1826/

Mighty Bomb Jack (J) (Mapper 185) - Gray screen. There are mapper hacks that seem to work okay though, and the (U) version works (different mapper).

Death Race (Unl) (Mapper 11+SS) - gray screen

Time Diver Avenger (Unl) (Mapper 250) - Glitches and won't run. The (U) proto titled Time Diver Eon Man seems to work okay though.

Famicom Jump II (Mapper 16+SS) - gray screen

These games seem to have been fixed since the time I wrote the list:

StarTropics - had audio issues
Salamander - all I wrote down is "?", so I have no idea =)
Hit the Ice (proto) (Mapper 4+SS)
Maniac Mansion (U) (proto) (Mapper 1+SS)

I didn't bother to put MMC5 games on the list. The only homebrew I have listed is Sweet Child o' Mine, but you can't expect every homebrew to work on real hardware.

I just got mine today and was looking further into this and found the list from last year i think and it had a handful of KOEI games on there that I love and was disappointed when i saw them.

MMC5 is not fully supported (yet?)