Author Topic: Mega EverDrive vs EverDrive-MD compare  (Read 23904 times)

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Mega EverDrive vs EverDrive-MD compare
« on: September 17, 2015, 03:52 PM »
Many people many times asked about differences between mega and md range. Finally i made comparison table (:

Mega EverDrive v2 vs EverDrive-MD v3: http://krikzz.com/pub/support/var/comparison/mega-everdrive-vs-everdrive-md.html

Whole Genesis EverDrive range compare: http://krikzz.com/pub/support/var/comparison/genesis-everdrive-compare.html

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 06:22 AM by goombakid »

Offline antonioks

• View Profile
Re: Mega EverDrive vs EverDrive-MD compare
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 07:16 PM »
KRIKzz Tenho o Mega Everdrive v1 posso usar está tabela como base??

KRIKzz I have the Mega Everdrive v1 can use this table as a base ??
Everdrives I own: Mega Everdrive v1, SD2SNES rev. (E1b), Everdrive N64 v2.5

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 08:59 PM »
Very helpful.  My only suggestion would be to include some type of notation that would indicate which functions requre a 32x and which functions will only work if a 32x is not installed.

For example, obvioulys a 32x must be installed for 32x games to work properly.  However, it's my understanding that some functions will NOT work with a 32x such as save states and in game menus.  I think this would be helpful for those not familiar.

Unless of course I'm completely mistaken, in which case, just ignore me.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Turbo EverDrive    EverDrive N8    SD2SNES    EverDrive64 v3    EverDrive GB    EverDrive GBA    Master EverDrive    Mega EverDrive    EverDrive GG

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 09:22 PM »
KRIKzz Tenho o Mega Everdrive v1 posso usar está tabela como base??

KRIKzz I have the Mega Everdrive v1 can use this table as a base ??
One of this tables contains mega v1 also

Offline Assman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 02:37 AM »
However, it's my understanding that some functions will NOT work with a 32x such as save states and in game menus.  I think this would be helpful for those not familiar.

True. This comes up a lot. People usually assume everything will work correctly through a 32X and are disappointed (obviously) when it doesn't. It wouldn't hurt to mention it somewhere.

Either way, those tables are gonna help immensely with new members.

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 05:11 AM »
However, it's my understanding that some functions will NOT work with a 32x such as save states and in game menus.  I think this would be helpful for those not familiar.

True. This comes up a lot. People usually assume everything will work correctly through a 32X and are disappointed (obviously) when it doesn't. It wouldn't hurt to mention it somewhere.

Either way, those tables are gonna help immensely with new members.

It's also my understanding that those functions don't work because of design limitations with the 32x, NOT with the Everdrive itself.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Turbo EverDrive    EverDrive N8    SD2SNES    EverDrive64 v3    EverDrive GB    EverDrive GBA    Master EverDrive    Mega EverDrive    EverDrive GG

Offline KalessinDB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 12:46 AM »
Fantastic chart. If it's not too much trouble, I would say it's probably not a bad idea to do it with the other carts that have gotten hardware upgrades for people who might buy them secondhand or upgrade their current ones (Turbo, 64, Super vs SD2SNES)
Attempting a complete NTSC-U NES set.  Sell me your games!
What I've Got.  253/677 licensed games, 39/95 unlicensed games (drawing # from NA's "semi-official" list

Offline skaman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 10:48 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:56 AM by skaman »

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 06:23 AM »
Updated first post to reflect new site.

Offline Kuper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 11:01 PM »
Mega Everdrive v1 doesnt have options: "EEPROM saves support"  and "save Ram" (point doesnt marked with any value). What does it mean?  What's  limitations it cased in practical usage?

Offline Assman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 02:02 PM »
Mega Everdrive v1 doesnt have options: "EEPROM saves support"  and "save Ram" (point doesnt marked with any value). What does it mean?  What's  limitations it cased in practical usage?

Save RAM you don't have to worry about; games that use it can still save on the V1, there's just no battery to keep the saves in memory, so you have to return to the Everdrive menu to back them up to the SD card. The save file will be automatically reloaded the next time you play the same game.

EEPROM saves are a different beast in that games that use it won't be able to save at all on the V1, unless there's a patch for the game that adds SRAM support (like with Wonder Boy in Monster World). Most games that use EEPROM saving, however, are sport games, which are generally less desirable now, so the lack of support for that type of save isn't often seen as a glaring issue. If you love sport games, on the other hand, it probably is a glaring issue.

It's worth mentioning that the MED V1 was discontinued years ago, so unless you already have one or are looking to buy one used, it's not something you need to give any real thought to. These comparisons are all pretty outdated, anyway, since the MED V2 (now known as the X7) is the only one still manufactured. The V2/X7 is still the only Everdrive that supports EEPROM saves, though not for all games.

Offline Metro City

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 11:16 PM »
So, When a new os with png support for covers?