Author Topic: EverdriveGBA  (Read 94896 times)

Offline Jiro

• View Profile
Re: EverdriveGBA
« Reply #165 on: June 28, 2016, 11:03 AM »
Has it been established whether this will have all save types available, so the saving doesn't need to be patched, and Pokemon will transfer properly to the Gamecube games and DS?

Also, once you load a game, will this look like an original cartridge, so you can use it in a DS that detects a particular GBA game inserted?

Offline jonathanbe

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 28, 2016, 07:47 PM »
Has it been established whether this will have all save types available, so the saving doesn't need to be patched, and Pokemon will transfer properly to the Gamecube games and DS?

Also, once you load a game, will this look like an original cartridge, so you can use it in a DS that detects a particular GBA game inserted?

Yes, yes, and the DS can use it fully.  Not sure what you mean by detects a certain game is inserted though.

Offline J^P

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 28, 2016, 08:33 PM »

Yes, yes, and the DS can use it fully.  Not sure what you mean by detects a certain game is inserted though.
Some DS games has feature that if you have certain GBA game inserted in, it unlocks extra stuff(in the DS game that is running) or does something specif. There also was extra-ram cart for the DS browser, rumble cart and few other accessories that used the GBA slot for something gimmicky(remember the guitar hero DS game?).

Offline jonathanbe

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2016, 06:38 PM »
i doubt thatll work, no way to make the ed emulate a specific cart unless you run it. arent there hacked ds roms for the games that have this feature?

Offline rafaelalvesals

• Hue Hue BR BR
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2016, 01:38 AM »
i doubt thatll work, no way to make the ed emulate a specific cart unless you run it. arent there hacked ds roms for the games that have this feature?

maybe it will be possible to make a tool, like the one that you use with a modded transferpak on n64 to use with edgb. but i cant say if the tool need to be on the edgba or on ds =/. maybe a option to only load the game, idk...

Offline jonathanbe

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2016, 03:21 AM »

maybe it will be possible to make a tool, like the one that you use with a modded transferpak on n64 to use with edgb. but i cant say if the tool need to be on the edgba or on ds =/. maybe a option to only load the game, idk...

Seems like using a hacked ds rom for the game with the options already unlocked would be the solution.  Why waste time with all that nonsense just get a 10$ r4 and play.

Offline Jiro

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 03, 2016, 04:11 AM »
If I understand what people are saying, then using the Everdrive, Pokemon can transfer to the DS correctly, but the DS cannot tell that a specific GBA game is being used.  I find this very odd.  In order to transfer Pokemon, the DS has to recognize that a Pokemon game is there, and see the save file in the place that it expects to see the save file.  This seems to inherently require that the DS know what GBA game is there.  How would it even make sense for the DS to not know what GBA game is there, yet still be able to transfer Pokemon from the GBA game that it doesn't know is there?

Detecting a GBA game and transferring Pokemon are two sides of the same coin: you have to be able to put the Everdrive in such a state that to the DS--which is out of your control--the Everdrive looks like a real GBA cart.  This means that you have to have a way to select a game using a menu, load the game, and have it and its save file stay there as if it is a standard ROM and standard flash RAM, with the menu undetectable from the outside until you boot the Everdrive again.

The same applies to transferring to Gamecube, which is why I asked.  The Gamecube downloads a small program to the GBA.  This program is not under the Everdrive's control (unless somehow the Everdrive can detect and patch it), and tries to read the Everdrive as if it is a normal GBA with a normal ROM and save.  If the Everdrive doesn't look exactly like a normal GBA cart including the save, this will fail.

That's why the EZ Flash IV can't transfer Pokemon to DS or Gamecube--transfering Pokemon is an edge case where the ability of the cart to act like a real one is most important.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 04:20 AM by Jiro »

Offline FriendofSonic

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 04, 2016, 08:12 AM »
Krikzz put up preorders! I got my order in, oddly enough Stone Age Gamer was pretty much the same price, but I like Krikzz and would rather give him the $$$ directly.

Says "Estimated shipping time 15 Jul - 15 Aug"

Offline Turon

• View Profile
EverdriveGBA
« Reply #173 on: July 15, 2016, 09:48 PM »
Now I think I'll probably try ordering the ever drive GBA from the krikzz site but before that...

Krikzz is from Ukraine if I'm not mistaken, that cool and all but which region of Ukraine is he from? That may matter because of the conflict.

Nobody has had any issues obtaining a  Everdrive yet?

Offline EthanW

• EthanW
  • Was "Ridj"
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 15, 2016, 11:02 PM »
Now I think I'll probably try ordering the ever drive GBA from the krikzz site but before that...

Krikzz is from Ukraine if I'm not mistaken, that cool and all but which region of Ukraine is he from? That may matter because of the conflict.

I've ordered multiple everdrives and i have had no issues, my bank didn't like me paying internationally but a quick phone call fixed that
Everdrives i own: EDN8, EDGB, EDGBx7, EDGBAx5, EDGG

Offline Missingno255

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 16, 2016, 04:36 AM »

To my knowledge, he should be in western Ukraine, if i'm not mistaken. :)

He's posted about it before, just don't remember the name of the topic.
Owned Everdrives: Everdrive MD, Mega Everdrive, Everdrive N8, Everdrive GB X5, Turbo Everdrive, Super Everdrive, Everdrive GBA

Misc Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline wilykat

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 16, 2016, 10:39 PM »
The conflict has been limited to eastern side and K is from western side.  He is fine unless the trouble moves across the country.

Offline Floob

• View Profile
    • Retrogaming on a Raspberry Pi
« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2016, 11:53 PM »
Krikzz is from the North East, not quite in the conflict area, but not far!
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1542.msg15296#msg15296
Retro Gaming on the Raspberry Pi
http://www.youtube.com/c/SmartretroCoUk-Gaming

Offline Turon

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 01, 2016, 10:12 AM »
Okay, Krikzz is at least for now in a safe place. Is there anywhere where ever drives can't be shipped to? There is a list at the shipping info page showing estimations on how much time it'd take to reach certain destinations, and another list showing where postage tracking is supported. If your country isn't on any of the lists it just means there is no estimation on when it will arive and you can't track it?

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 01, 2016, 11:55 PM »
Okay, Krikzz is at least for now in a safe place. Is there anywhere where ever drives can't be shipped to? There is a list at the shipping info page showing estimations on how much time it'd take to reach certain destinations, and another list showing where postage tracking is supported. If your country isn't on any of the lists it just means there is no estimation on when it will arive and you can't track it?
Your country isn't on the list?
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL