Author Topic: Printing your own labels at home! easy and good looking.  (Read 2371 times)

Offline FrenchyToasty

• View Profile
Printing your own labels at home! easy and good looking.
« on: October 02, 2015, 05:23 AM »
A lot of people online dont want to search like crazy for places to print sticker labels, here is how I do it:

I use Paintshop pro (you could use Photoshop) to make the images for the label

Then I used packing tape (common clear tape) and applied it to the image, cut with scisors, stick with either stick glue (Pritt) or preferably 3M spray glue, I put tape on the back of the label too with this stuff so the paper doesn't absorb glue and colors remain bright. It gives the glossy finish of real labels while being cheap and conveniant.

here's how it looks when finished (pardon the low quality)

went the extra mile and printed my own boxes too

I used a laser printer but you could do it with a inkjet one too. I regularly make labels for game carts as I work in a video game store and many carts come with torn labels. when there is more than 45% of the label missing (in crappy shape) I reprint it... I often must reconstruct the said labels entirely.

*Note* for Nes, N64 and Genesis, most tapes aren't wide enough and you must use two strips side by side, this needs a little getting used to to pull it off nicely but it's worth it!