Author Topic: Differences v2, v2.5 and v3  (Read 4243 times)

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
Differences v2, v2.5 and v3
« on: October 11, 2015, 04:10 PM »
If this was already explained somewhere I am very sorry for this thread, but search was not that helpful here.
Can someone explain me the main differences between v2->v2.5 and v2.5->v3? I own a v2 and wonder if a v3 would be worth the money for me ^^

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
Re: Differences v2, v2.5 and v3
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 04:28 PM »
the v2.5 is bascially a v3 without rtc and dedicated battery buffered ram and usb.
now with the v2.5 and v3 you have the option for an ultracic with switch, so you can swap between pal and ntsc N64s.

the benefits of the v3 are the rtc for animal forest, usb support and that you don't have to push reset after playing.

the dedicated ram of the v3 makes it possible to play pokemon stadium 2 without graphic glitches in the pokedex.
technically this is possible with all everdrives, but i don't think that there will be a firmware with a special pokemon stadium 2 sram mapper, if there already is the v3.

btw.
if you have a v2 - you can add an ultracic and usb, too.
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3450.msg32720#msg32720
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=259.msg14024#msg14024
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 04:32 PM by saturnu »

Offline Hexatendo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 09:57 PM »
Also, something to note, Even though I have a V2 Everdrive 64, The 64DD games use a real time clock as well. (The Mario Artist games saves objects, characters, movies, etc. and has a "Build" date of when it's created.) The 64DD games SHOULD work with the real time clock, although I'm not sure as I don't own a V3.

Offline Localhorst86

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 11:59 PM »
If this was already explained somewhere I am very sorry for this thread, but search was not that helpful here.
Can someone explain me the main differences between v2->v2.5 and v2.5->v3? I own a v2 and wonder if a v3 would be worth the money for me ^^

Haha, hallo Daniel.

Meiner Meinung nach ist V3 den Aufpreis nicht wert. Ich habe mir nur v2.5 gekauft, es gibt tatsächlich nur 2 Spiele mit V2.5 nicht funktionieren und eines davon ist exklusiv japanisch.

I personally don't believe v3 is worth the additional price. Only two games really take advantage of the additional features, and one of them is exclusively Japanese.

PS: if you want, I can come by with my 2.5 ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 12:01 AM by Localhorst86 »

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 02:59 PM »
Haha, hallo Daniel.

Meiner Meinung nach ist V3 den Aufpreis nicht wert. Ich habe mir nur v2.5 gekauft, es gibt tatsächlich nur 2 Spiele mit V2.5 nicht funktionieren und eines davon ist exklusiv japanisch.

I personally don't believe v3 is worth the additional price. Only two games really take advantage of the additional features, and one of them is exclusively Japanese.

PS: if you want, I can come by with my 2.5 ;)

Hey Localhorst86,

Danke für die Infos an alle. Karte wird jetzt einfach mal bestellt und die andere hat schon nen Käufer. ^^

Thx for the information to everyone. I will just order it now and the other one will be sold easily. ^^