Author Topic: Please help me and my retarded girlfriend  (Read 4803 times)

Offline AussieCouple

• View Profile
Please help me and my retarded girlfriend
« on: October 12, 2015, 06:17 AM »
 :) ;) :D ;D

Hello!

Me & my girlfriend enjoy playing N64 together but our collection is starting to cost alot of coin and we're just not that into it, hence the switch to an everdrive, we will be buying the Everdrive v3 , We are from australia and have a standard PAL Console with Expansion PAK
Which Everdrive CIC Bundle should we be buying and will we encounter any issues with running NTSC games off Piratebay if so, is there anywhere we can obtain english PAL Titles, thanks in advance.

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
Re: Please help me and my retarded girlfriend
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 03:27 PM »
If you're buying a v3 you don't have to worry about the CIC chip as the v3 has its own CIC boot emulator with the UltraCIC option and there should be no issues with playing NTSC ROMs. Just make sure you acquire a well dumped, clean ROM set (I recommend the "No-Intro" sets for all Everdrives).

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 03:33 PM »
it can play ntsc games but make sure, that your TV can display PAL60. (most TVs can handle this compatibility mode)

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 04:54 PM »
If you're buying a v3 you don't have to worry about the CIC chip as the v3 has its own CIC boot emulator with the UltraCIC option and there should be no issues with playing NTSC ROMs. Just make sure you acquire a well dumped, clean ROM set (I recommend the "No-Intro" sets for all Everdrives).

Be careful though, as some older versions of V3 did not have the CIC boot emulator ultracic.  For example, my V3 will not work in PAL consoles because I have a US CIC chip.  I bought mine from SAG when they put them on clearance after Krikzz released the V3 that was compatible on all consoles.  Since I bought mine on clearance, I came with a PAL CIC chip (that's all they had left).  I had to de-solder that chip and install a US CIC chip.  Everything works perfectly now.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 05:57 PM by TDIRunner »
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Turbo EverDrive    EverDrive N8    SD2SNES    EverDrive64 v3    EverDrive GB    EverDrive GBA    Master EverDrive    Mega EverDrive    EverDrive GG

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 05:00 PM »
the cic boot emulator is the software inside the menu, the ultracic is the actual microcontroller on the pcb.

the cic boot emulation allows you to play roms of all regions on either console
and the ultracic allows you to use the everdrive itself on both ntsc and pal consoles.

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 05:06 PM »
I apologize for that mix up.  If I replace "CIC boot emulator" with "ultracic" would my statement have been correct otherwise?
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Turbo EverDrive    EverDrive N8    SD2SNES    EverDrive64 v3    EverDrive GB    EverDrive GBA    Master EverDrive    Mega EverDrive    EverDrive GG

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 05:17 PM »
yes, sure ^^

i just wanted point out the difference between these two things, it's quiet confusing, if you here them the first time. ^^
everything has cic, boot or emulator inside. ^^

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 05:58 PM »
yes, sure ^^

i just wanted point out the difference between these two things, it's quiet confusing, if you here them the first time. ^^
everything has cic, boot or emulator inside. ^^

I definately agree.  The good thing is that as long as you are getting the most recent V3, you don't have to worry about CIC chips.

Offline Z3R0XZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 11:46 PM »
"my retarded girlfriend" made my day XD
Well try rom<delate this>hustler<dalate this>.net

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 03:36 AM »
Be careful that your retarded GF does not read that, or she might make some parts of your body become really retarded :P
Just google for "No-Intro Collection Complete ROM Sets" and you are set.