Author Topic: Black screen sometimes, recently played list...  (Read 3733 times)

Offline Dead_Format

• View Profile
Black screen sometimes, recently played list...
« on: November 03, 2015, 09:38 PM »
Greetings! I got an sd2snes last week and have been totally enjoying it, but I have been encountering a little strange behavior with black screens. I'm using an sd2snes rev. F with firmware 0.1.6. Good sd card and clean roms. Every game I have test played works great, but I have been focus playing evo search for eden. The game plays fine, but when I go back to play the game at a later time it will load and start but will eventually black screen, usually before the main menu in game. After playing around with different options and possibilities I have come up with a solution that seems to get the game working again.

If I start 10 random games, enough to push evo off of the recently played games list on the sd2snes, the game will start and work perfectly again. I've tried this a few times and for whatever reason it seems to do the job. Could this be a glitch with the firmware or compatibility with the game? I've really only been focusing on evo, so I don't know if other games will black screen as well if I go back to them.

In a future firmware update could there be a way to clear the recently played list from the console or is there already? Or just a way to turn that feature off?

Offline Dead_Format

• View Profile
Re: Black screen sometimes, recently played list...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 09:32 AM »
After playing around with this a bit more, my theory has failed me. I bumped evo off of the list and it still failed to start for me tonight. I've been testing other games too, and everything so far has been starting up perfectly when I go back to them. It has to be some small incompatibility with evo.

Ice Man

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 12:02 PM »
Sounds like bad ROM of E.V.O. to me. Which one are you using?

Offline Dead_Format

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 06:57 PM »
I'm using a compiled romset from isozone user smokemonster. I believe he stated somewhere they were no-intro, clean roms. I'll look around and try some different ones.

Ice Man

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 11:46 AM »
Also, why don't you try 0.1.7?

Offline Dead_Format

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 11:52 PM »
I will try 0.1.7. The only reason I didn't try it was because it's still listed as "preview", I was sticking with " stable" releases.