Author Topic: Retrogate  (Read 7213 times)

Offline Light

• View Profile
Retrogate
« on: December 12, 2015, 05:02 PM »
Hey guys, I ordered two items from Retrogate (black Friday sale) and haven't received word if they shipped. I sent two emails to them and never got a reply. Did anyone else order from Retrogate? I gotta admit it's kind of pissing me off. I spent over 300 dollars and they aren't even letting me know if the order is delayed or whatever.

Offline jamesrussels

• View Profile
Re: Retrogate
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 05:10 PM »
I think everyone is just a little behind from the sales. I ordered my stuff from Krikzz on Black Friday and it just shipped yesterday. I'm sure they got a huge flood of orders and are catching up. I wouldn't worry too much.

Offline sammy555

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 10:32 PM »
I ordered from the retrogate black friday sale. Shipped Dec. 1 and I received my package on Tuesday.  Super fast shipping compared to the last time I ordered from retrogate.

They are based in Ukraine (which is 7 hours ahead in time from where I am) so I figured they would be on sale on the Thursday here, which they were, so I think I was one of the first to order.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, you should get your package soon, they are probably backed up.

Offline JeffIrok

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 01:20 AM »
I ordered from Retrogate on Black Friday (very early, my time).  It was delivered to where I live in Connecticut this past Monday, about 10 days total.  Of course, for whatever reason, it was registered, so it needed to be signed for.  No one was at home when the mailman came so they took it back to the post office.  I couldn't get there till yesterday.   :(

Offline TeamShake

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 02:34 AM »
my mega ed, that i ordered on black friday, came earlier this week.

at the top right of the page, there is a list orders link that should show your order status.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 12:48 PM »
Same. Ordered late on BF, shipping notice on the 30th, delivered to me on the 7th but unable to sign for it, picked up on the 8th, worked on the shell and tested with smiles on the 9th.

Patience is the key; it's not Amazon's instant shipping.

Offline SpaceAce

• View Profile
Retrogate
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 01:24 AM »
Same, ordered a MegaEver Drive with the blackfriday sale and chased it up yesterday.  Got an email saying the package will hopefully be shipped this week and delivered within 2 weeks.  Problem with that ... It was purchased as a Christmas gift - whats the point of receiving it after Christmas?  Anyway requested the order to be cancelled and refunded.

I would have appreciated if they had communicated this to me earlier

Offline krisk77

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 08:44 AM »
Don't know people are complaining, as Black Friday sales always causes a massive influx of orders on Retro and Krikkz's site and in some circumstances, not all devices are readily available to ship there and then.  Take the rough with the smooth and expect such delays.   

Offline SpaceAce

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 01:26 PM »
Don't know people are complaining, as Black Friday sales always causes a massive influx of orders on Retro and Krikkz's site and in some circumstances, not all devices are readily available to ship there and then.  Take the rough with the smooth and expect such delays.   
It's not a complaint. Its a request to cancel so I can try and resource elsewhere.  However,  the owners of Retrogate should communicate this to buyers so to make them aware of delays in shipping,  is this too much to ask?

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 04:52 PM »
I ended up ordering my Black Friday EDs through Stone Age Gamer.  Due to the extra orders during the sale, both of the EDs I purchased had to be back ordered.  However, I received an email within 24 hours letting me know of the situation.  So at least I knew that they might be shipped late.  Luckily, both my SD2SNES and Mega EverDrive have arrived in time for Christmas. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Turbo EverDrive    EverDrive N8    SD2SNES    EverDrive64 v3    EverDrive GB    EverDrive GBA    Master EverDrive    Mega EverDrive    EverDrive GG

Offline Light

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 02:01 AM »
OP here, I got an email yesterday saying it shipped. Am pumped.

Offline Troyus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 02:16 PM »
It's not a complaint. Its a request to cancel so I can try and resource elsewhere.  However,  the owners of Retrogate should communicate this to buyers so to make them aware of delays in shipping,  is this too much to ask?
You were told. That's why you are here complaining. I get what you are saying and your disappointment but remember its a small business. One guy working as hard as he can on a niche product. He does not have a full time webmaster and secretary to send out emails and change the web page.
Flash carts: game gear ED, megadrive ED, SNES ED, nintendo64 ED, N8 ED, GB ED, GBA ED, PSIO

Offline SpaceAce

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 01:22 AM »

You were told. That's why you are here complaining. I get what you are saying and your disappointment but remember its a small business. One guy working as hard as he can on a niche product. He does not have a full time webmaster and secretary to send out emails and change the web page.

I can see my post went over your head.  You're correct I was told - after I asked for an update and to please cancel if the order had not shipped.

Anyway nothing more to add here. The thread can be closed.