Author Topic: Has anyone bought from Mod-Chip.net?  (Read 4851 times)

aloram

Has anyone bought from Mod-Chip.net?
« on: December 26, 2015, 09:32 PM »
They're located in the U.S., and I ordered a PS1 modchip from them a couple weeks ago. When placing the order, it said they were switching credit card services and that I had to pay by money order. I sent in my payment a couple weeks ago, but my modchip still hasn't arrived. However, what concerns me is that all four email addresses on their website are no longer functional. Have any of you ordered from this place?

Thanks for your help.

aloram

Re: Has anyone bought from Mod-Chip.net?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 07:53 PM »
UPDATE: After a bunch of research, I found out that they're well-known scammers:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Modchip_Outlet

They changed their name at some point, but the mailing address is the same.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 08:43 PM by Heathcliff »

Offline Troyus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 09:58 PM »
Dam, bl mate. Thanks for sharing.
Flash carts: game gear ED, megadrive ED, SNES ED, nintendo64 ED, N8 ED, GB ED, GBA ED, PSIO

aloram

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 10:02 PM »
Dam, bl mate. Thanks for sharing.
No problem at all. I've taken some steps to address the situation, and I'll post any noteworthy updates here.

Offline wilykat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 12:45 AM »
If you paid with US Postal money order, they have committed a serious federal crime. Open complaint with the postal inspector state they cashed the USPS money order for merchandise that they never sent, they have dim view on people who uses USPS to steal money from victims.

aloram

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 03:44 AM »
If you paid with US Postal money order, they have committed a serious federal crime. Open complaint with the postal inspector state they cashed the USPS money order for merchandise that they never sent, they have dim view on people who uses USPS to steal money from victims.
I did indeed pay with a money order from the post office. I went there two days ago to try to stop payment on it, but no one knew how to do it and asked me to come back a different day. Fortunately it wasn't a lot of money. I shared my experience on the PSIO Forum as well, so if I had to lose a little bit of money so others wouldn't lose a lot, hey, it's worth it. I also filed a mail fraud report and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

aloram

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 04:19 AM »
Here's a similar experience someone had last year:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/229842-avoid-buying-from-mod-chip-outlet/