Author Topic: Super Starwars Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi problems  (Read 5115 times)

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
For some reason Super Empire Strikes back and Return of The Jedi have weird issues with the 0.1.7 preview 4 firmware. on empire strikes back for example the game will randomly pause for a second every 5 or 10 seconds. Your sword and blaster will switch on random. It makes the game almost unplayable. On return of the jedi your force powers will automatically trigger them selves without you doing anything. It's very annoying. Is there any fix for those two games or do I have to downgrade to an earlier firmware? By the way I have disabled the in game reset feature for both games and it did not fix the issues.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline mrpopsicleman

• View Profile
Re: Super Starwars Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi problems
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 10:24 AM »
Open the config.yml file in notepad and completely disable in-game hooks.

# IRQ hook related settings
#  EnableIRQHook: Overall enable IRQ hooks (required for in-game buttons & WRAM cheats)
#  EnableIRQButtons: Enable in-game buttons (en/disable cheats, reset sd2snes...)
#  EnableIRQHoldoff: Enable 10s grace period after reset before enabling in-game hooks
EnableIRQHook: false
EnableIRQButtons: false
EnableIRQHoldoff: false

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 10:32 AM »
Open the config.yml file in notepad and completely disable in-game hooks.

# IRQ hook related settings
#  EnableIRQHook: Overall enable IRQ hooks (required for in-game buttons & WRAM cheats)
#  EnableIRQButtons: Enable in-game buttons (en/disable cheats, reset sd2snes...)
#  EnableIRQHoldoff: Enable 10s grace period after reset before enabling in-game hooks
EnableIRQHook: false
EnableIRQButtons: false
EnableIRQHoldoff: false
wow thanks a lot. worked like a charm. I can finally play some starwars! :3
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline mrpopsicleman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 10:39 AM »
You're welcome. I had the exact same problem with the first Super Star Wars awhile ago (constant pausing) and figured out that disabling the button combo hooks fixed the problem. As far as I'm concerned, they're superfluous when I'm 2 feet away from my SNES that already has a reset button on it.  ;)

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 11:54 AM »
You're welcome. I had the exact same problem with the first Super Star Wars awhile ago (constant pausing) and figured out that disabling the button combo hooks fixed the problem. As far as I'm concerned, they're superfluous when I'm 2 feet away from my SNES that already has a reset button on it.  ;)
Very true XD
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 08:42 PM »
Save states, soft reset, soft patching and other such "features" just messes up random games. As long as you can completely turn them off, I'm perfectly fine with them though.

Offline mrpopsicleman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 06:35 AM »
Save states, soft reset, soft patching and other such "features" just messes up random games. As long as you can completely turn them off, I'm perfectly fine with them though.
Agreed. They're cool features to have for those who want them, but it's great to have the ability to also enable/disable them.