Author Topic: Shining Force II - saving issues.  (Read 5043 times)

Offline asje_x

• View Profile
Shining Force II - saving issues.
« on: January 12, 2016, 05:13 PM »
Hi everyone - first post!

I already have a Master System Everdrive that I have loved for years. I recently got an Everdrive-GG, and I'm very happy about it too. But I'm experiencing a problem in relation to saving: I have Shining Force II. It will allow me to save. I turn off the Game Gear. Next time I turn it on, it does not say "OS Init", it says something I can barely read, including the words "reset" and "press button to continue". When I press a button I'm taken to the usual list of roms. No problems here. But Shining Force II has not saved my game from earlier. I have tried it three times now - same result.

Double Dragon also uses save. It works fine, and I can see its save file in the SAVE folder. I'm on OS version 8, and the board is assembled 29.11.2015.

Does anyone know about the error I'm getting on bootup? Should I manually create a file in the save folder? (I have not done so with Double Dragon).

Offline skins4thewin

• View Profile
Re: Shining Force II - saving issues.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 11:23 AM »
I am having this EXACT same problem!  Shining Force 2 will not create a save file on the SD card for some reason, and I am also constantly getting that message at startup that says something like "settings will reset to default.  press any key".  Please, is anyone else having this problem??

Offline corpsicle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 08:06 AM »
Bumpibump.
Having the same issue and its breaking my heart. I want to play SF2 real bad now.
Any update or comment at all on this issue?

Offline Yotes96

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 10:58 PM »
I'm encountering the same exact problem with the english translation patch for Shining Force Final Conflict.  Please krikzz, fix this.  This is one of the top games on the GG and this is the only way I can play it on real hardware in english.

Offline PixelPedant

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 06:07 AM »
Yeah, very sad that the Shining Force games don't save on EverDrive-GG, given these are pretty much the top titles on the platform relevant to EverDrive play (given Gaiden and Final Conflict are Japan-only releases with complete ROM translations).  Unfortunately, given it's been a few years since the EverDrive-GG was updated, I'm not holding out any hope that it will be in the future. 

Maybe if GG modding continues to catch on in the retro community, and demand increases.  I can see interest in GG growing over the next year. 

Offline ultpaladin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 12:26 AM »
Does this affect other Game Gear RPGs too?  I was interested in getting an Everdrive GG but only if I could bring over my old Game Gear saves.  Has anyone seen these issues with Phantasy Star Gaiden, Defenders of Oasis etc?

Offline Shentok

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 04:18 AM »
Does this affect other Game Gear RPGs too?  I was interested in getting an Everdrive GG but only if I could bring over my old Game Gear saves.  Has anyone seen these issues with Phantasy Star Gaiden, Defenders of Oasis etc?

Defenders of Oasis works fine. I haven't come across a game with save issues other than Shining Force II so far, though I haven't played Phantasy Star Gaiden.