Author Topic: Hacked game archive is now online  (Read 6195 times)

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
Hacked game archive is now online
« on: February 10, 2016, 04:03 PM »
There is a huge, constantly (so far at least) updated web site of pre-patched games mods at:

https://mega.nz/#F!14BHAI5L!B0WI9SytNM1bYZE8ALKR0A

for a lot of different machines. Whatever gaming machines you like, you should have a look at this site.

There are *lots*, so if you try one and think that it's very good, then please post in this thread and recommend it, so we can all play it.

Source:  http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=222&t=5111
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 04:15 PM by Kerr Avon »

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
Re: Hacked game archive is now online
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 04:09 PM »
Here is a list of the current N64 hacks on the website:

http://www.freewebs.com/dominater01/N64.txt

(I was going to copy and paste the contents here, but it's better if I link to the file instead, as then anyone can always see the latest list).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 04:13 PM by Kerr Avon »

Offline D4v3WTF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 10:28 PM »
Thanks Kerr, have to check this out!
N64 PAL Games Collection: 204/243
N64 PAL Demo Collection: 1/1
N64 Region Free NTSC Games: 1
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modded UltraCIC II
SD2SNES Rev. F modded Rev. H

Offline BolinCaker

• View Profile
    • CakerBaby
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 01:30 PM »
Thanks a lot! Will these work on the Everdrive?

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 02:59 PM »
I'd imagine most would work on the Everdrive, but some won't (mainly the larger Super Mario 64 and Zelda hacks won't work).

Offline Mister Xiado

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 07:03 AM »
You do know that KDK doesn't own Mega anymore, right?

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 02:58 PM »
You do know that KDK doesn't own Mega anymore, right?

I don't even know who/what KDK is, let alone if they do own Mega or not. How is it important?

Sorry if I'm missing something relevant, I just don't see what you're getting at.

Offline RichK

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 07:51 PM »
Thanks Kerr, I grabbed a few GB worth of hacks for several systems. It'll take a long, long time to get them tested though!

No idea what KDK is either, or it's relevance??

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 11:31 PM »
It's just occurred to me, KDK probably means Kim (?) Dot Com, the owner (or former owner, I don't know) of Mega Upload. Even if so, then I still don't see the relevance of Mister Xiado's post.

Offline everandy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 02:13 PM »
I have been testing Everdrive 64 v 3 on a PAL n64 for some weeks. Its awesome, I may buy a UltraHDMI Mod later to play all games (My TV don't support NTSC video, the screen gets cropped and manney pixels get lost). When trying to play ex. Goldeneye X I get a black screen, I assume this has to do with PAL / NTSC.
Are some of the homebrew/ hacked games PAL?
If someone have an overview, can they make a  folder with separate PAL and NTSC homebrew / hacked games available? (Or maybe it exists?)

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 02:47 PM »
I may buy a UltraHDMI Mod later to play all games (My TV don't support NTSC video, the screen gets cropped and manney pixels get lost). When trying to play ex. Goldeneye X I get a black screen, I assume this has to do with PAL / NTSC.
Are some of the homebrew/ hacked games PAL?

I have two TVs, both PAL LCD, a large one and a smaller one. Sadly, the large TV has some NTSC/JAP problems, as it just shows a black screen for some games, whilst the smaller TV shows everything.

Are you sure that Goldeneye X won't play on your TV? It, and some NTSC games, such as Perfect Dark and Perfect Dark mods, show a black screen on my large TV, but after a few seconds the picture returns, and I can play the games normally. This doesn't happen for all games, but it does for Goldeneye X (which is really Perfect Dark NTSC but modded), Perfect Dark, and Stunt Racer 64. Try the latest version of Goldeneye X, press A to get past the (invisible to you) start up screen, and let us know if it works for you. Actually, if it doesn't, then load the PAL Perfect Dark, memorise what happens until you get to the main menu (where Joanna is in front of the computer in her office, where you can choose to wander around the Carrington Institute, start the single player campaign, start the Combat Simulator, etc), then load the NTSC version of Perfect Dark, and going by the sound (the TV will still play the sound, even if it can't display the picture) get to the same main menu. If the TV can't display the main menu then your TV really is NTSC incompatible, I think, as mine works from that Perfect Dark menu onwards.

Sorry, I don't know what hacked games and homebrew (if any) are PAL. There's not a lot of N64 information on the 'net, sadly, and roms tend to have little information supplied with them.