Author Topic: Sega Saturn TruRip Set  (Read 5826 times)

aloram

Sega Saturn TruRip Set
« on: February 14, 2016, 08:02 PM »
I have the most recent TruRip set, but I'm a little confused on the labeling of the games. There are a bunch of games missing from the (U) set, such as Virtua Fighter, Nights Into Dreams…, and Astal. Some of the games missing from the (U) set appear in the (E) set, with the label (EU). (Most games in the (E) set are labeled (EU).) Does this mean that these are games that are identical in both NTSC and PAL regions? Because, if so, this doesn't seem to always be the case. For example, last night, I tried Virtua Fighter on my Rhea, and it seemed to be the PAL-optimized version (I'm in the U.S., using a Japanese NTSC Saturn). If some of these (EU) games are indeed PAL-optimized, is there a way I can tell which games are, without trying every one? According to the list below, there are a fair amount of PAL-optimized Saturn games:

http://www.segasaturn.co.uk/games/sega_saturn_pal.html

I'd appreciate any help or insight. Thanks.

Offline J-E

• View Profile
Re: Sega Saturn TruRip Set
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 08:01 AM »
ok , it seems a little bit complicated.

as far as I know, E (Europe) and EU( European Union) are the same (at least in other fullset) but for a game which are identical (and compatible) with US and European machine, you should have UE.
but, this is true for the other sega games rip, perhaps not for the saturn.

aloram

Re: Sega Saturn TruRip Set
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 06:44 PM »
Thanks a lot for your input.

I posted this question on a Saturn forum, and here's the response I got:

"EU and USA dumps are not always identical. Only way to tell is to play the games. The AAA first party titles tend to be PAL optimized a lot of times, though - like VF2, VF Kids, PAnzer Dragoon Zwei, Sega Rally...

If a game is missing, it is because it wasn't dumped yet. Most of the dumpers at Trurip live in Europe, so there aren't many USA titles dumped."