Author Topic: Fix your non-working No-Intro rom for Everdrive N8 or Powerpak  (Read 46523 times)

Offline sammargh

• View Profile
Re: Fix your non-working No-Intro rom for Everdrive N8 or Powerpak
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 07:29 AM »
Try applying the hex given exactly in the output from the pastebin, it's possible you mistyped something since you're doing it manually.

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 08:38 AM »
I was using a header editor these day to save time but for some reason it doesn't give me the same header as the pastebin. In any case, I'm still trying to get the script to run.

Offline sammargh

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 08:50 AM »
Some tips that might help:

On line one where it says #!/usr/local/bin/python or whatever that's the location of the python binary. This tells bash where to find the executable necessary to run. Since you're using windows you can remove this line.

Second, on line 17 you need to put the .xml file name you grab from here - http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/xml.php

Third, python is very picky about white space. Copy that script and paste it directly into notepad, remove line 1 and edit line 17 and save it. Make sure you don't touch the whitespace.

Last, unless you run "python script.py" you will need to associate the files as seen here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1934675/how-to-execute-python-scripts-in-windows

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 09:03 AM »
I already have the xml database line edited to use the newest bootgod's database and also I have properly added Python to the environment variable of my system so those are not my issues. I'll try to remove the first line but I don't see how it could be the issue since it's commented out anyway and shouldn't be interpreted.

Update: As I was expecting, the ''#!/usr/local/bin/python'' was not what was causing the issue since it is ignored by the script because of the #preceding it. But after messing around with it for an hour, I found out that I was using the script correctly from the beginning. My issue was that I was using the latest version of python and it seem that it is not working with this version. I installed the older 2.7.3 version and it worked fine after that.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:12 AM by SkinnyV »

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2013, 11:27 PM »
Hey sammargh, could you check your Family Boxing rom again? Mine is broken after using the script. It freeze right after the referee give the ok to fight.

Offline sammargh

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 12:30 AM »
Hey sammargh, could you check your Family Boxing rom again? Mine is broken after using the script. It freeze right after the referee give the ok to fight.

Sure just did - works fine, was able to play a full round (I'm terrible at this game)

Apologies for the rotated pictures, my phone bugged out
http://i.imgur.com/qhjoOCw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zS2Mp4P.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3pesn8a.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WQ20FMn.jpg

I'm not sure if it matters but I'm playing on a twin famicom.

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 12:44 AM »
lol no need for the proof picture but thanks :D I guess I might have issue with my SD card, I'll check again

Offline Redifer

• DO! BASEBALL!
    • View Profile
    • Game Sack
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2013, 03:01 AM »
Jackal doesn't seem to work for me. Tried the US ROM found at Rom Nation (no [!] version available).  Is this working/not working for anyone else? Is there a fix?

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2013, 03:17 AM »
Jackal work perfectly on the Everdrive N8. The reason you are having issue is because of the rom you are using. While it is technically a good dump of Jackal, some moron felt the need to write his name in the header of the rom. So just remove !diskdude! from the header with an hex editor or rewrite the header with an header editor software and you'll be fine. You can use Nestopia header editing function to get ride of the crap data easily. I do not plan on making patch for game coming from rom web site like romnation, only for official, clean romset. There is simply too much crap on those website to try and fix it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 03:19 AM by SkinnyV »

Offline Redifer

• DO! BASEBALL!
    • View Profile
    • Game Sack
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2013, 07:24 AM »
Stupid ol' !diskdude! Removing that wasn't enough, I had to fill what was !diskdude! with blank space (or in the case of my editor, a bunch of .......'s). But it works now. Thanks!

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2013, 07:46 AM »
Glad you got it working! Sorry I wasn't more clear. When I said to remove it, I didn't mean to delete the bytes but replace it with 00 to complete the header. Deleting it would make the header incomplete (NES Header have to be exactly 16 bytes long, no more, no less.)

Offline wolfpacleader1986

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2013, 06:47 PM »
I've been trying to use Beat to patch my ROMS with the All-In-One patch, but the program keeps freezing. Any fixes?

EDIT: Tried it again, it said patch failed, then it deleted all of my roms and patches. This program is getting annoying....
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 06:50 PM by wolfpacleader1986 »

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2013, 07:26 PM »
I never heard of beat deleting thing. It doesn't even patch the original file, it create a copy and then patch the copy leaving your original intact. Not sure why it is giving you so much issue. If the program tell you the patching failed, it is most likely because you do not have all the expected rom in your folder or that some of these roms are not the same as the no-intro set. It should still patch the rom that are correct but would tell you it failed because some of the CRC didn't match. Maybe try to use the individual patch and see if it work better for you.

Offline wolfpacleader1986

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2013, 07:32 PM »
That's what I just got done doing. I patched them individually and they worked that way. Something tells me there might be an issue with the All-In-One patch.

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2013, 08:19 PM »
The all-in-one patch was tested a few time without issues, it's just trickier to use because the program expect a specific list of rom in the folder. Some people do not have the same set of rom and it can create patching error.