Author Topic: Sega Saturn Games - Regional Differences Between NTSC and PAL  (Read 2755 times)

aloram

Hi. Can someone please point me to a list of the differences between games that were released in both NTSC and PAL? I'm not talking about the box art, or that some games are PAL-optimized -- I mean differences in game content, such as music, graphics, levels, etc. Or, if there were no game content differences, please let me know. Thanks for your help.

Offline J-E

• View Profile
Re: Sega Saturn Games - Regional Differences Between NTSC and PAL
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 08:57 AM »
just right now, the PAL Sega Worldwide Soccer 98 club edition with a few french, UK and spanish clubs, the rest of world worldwide soccer 98 has only international soccer/football (it depends what kind of english ou french do you speak) team
the NTSC J Daytona USA Circuit Edition is a "no bug" version of the rest of world Daytona USA Circuit championship edition. the japanese version has the daylight/nighttime choice, and a 2-player mode using the taisen cable (link cable)
and, to be confirmed, the US virtual on seems to be played with the directlink (the US , non sega taisen cable).
Remember that here in Europe we do not have "internet" or whatever edition of games to be played online

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
Re: Sega Saturn Games - Regional Differences Between NTSC and PAL
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 04:40 PM »
athelete kings uk version has an competitor from the uk included, i noticed the usa version does not have this competitor, i don't think this makes much difference to the game but i guess they decided that the game would go down better in the uk with a uk competitor included.