Author Topic: how to access cheat menu in SD2SNES  (Read 20107 times)

Offline rushfanyyz

• View Profile
how to access cheat menu in SD2SNES
« on: February 20, 2016, 06:38 AM »
hi, maybe this is an obvious answer, but i've updated to firmware v0.1.7 preview, but i can't find where to input cheat codes or anything in google searches to find how.  can someone help me with what i'm missing on this?  thanks

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
Re: how to access cheat menu in SD2SNES
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 05:24 PM »
there is no cheat menu. The easiest way to get cheats for your game is to go to gamehacking.org click codes, Super Nintendo, pick the game you want, select the codes, click download codes at the top right of the page, select SD2SNES for the format and click checked codes only. It will save a file. rename that file the name of the rom file you are cheating with for example. Super Mario World.smc Super Mario World.yml. then place the file in a folder labeled cheats inside the sd2snes folder on your sd card. I hope this makes sense. It's not hard in practice.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 07:01 PM »
Hmm. Didn't know that about cheat codes. Thanks for the info.

Cheats can only be used on the 0.1.7pre firmware, correct?

Offline rushfanyyz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 02:35 AM »
right on, thank you!  i was thinking it would be similar to the way everdrive n8 works, inputting codes on a menu.  is there a way to toggle them on or off, or do i need to pop the card into my pc and delete the cheats each time?

goomba- i believe cheats only work on that firmware, from what i've been able to find out

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 04:44 AM »
Hmm. Didn't know that about cheat codes. Thanks for the info.

Cheats can only be used on the 0.1.7pre firmware, correct?
Yeah cheats right now only work on 0.1.7 Preview 4.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 04:44 AM »
right on, thank you!  i was thinking it would be similar to the way everdrive n8 works, inputting codes on a menu.  is there a way to toggle them on or off, or do i need to pop the card into my pc and delete the cheats each time?

goomba- i believe cheats only work on that firmware, from what i've been able to find out
As far as I know there is no way to toggle individual codes on or off. I could be wrong but i have yet to find a way to do it.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline teamvb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 02:02 PM »
It would be nice if sd2snes have a on and off for the cheats
EVERDRIVE 64v3,SUPERDRIVE v2, SD2SNES rev F (mod to H),UFO PRO SD,GAME DOCTOR 7 128MB USB,TURBO EVERDRIVE v1,MEGA EVERDRIVE V2,EVERDRIVE MD V1,MASTER EVERDRIVE,FLASHKIT MD,EVERDRIVE N8/FAMICOM,EVERDRIVE GBA X5

Offline rushfanyyz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 05:50 AM »

As far as I know there is no way to toggle individual codes on or off. I could be wrong but i have yet to find a way to do it.

thanks!  so each time i put my sd card into my pc and delete codes from the lidt to disable them?

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 11:25 AM »

thanks!  so each time i put my sd card into my pc and delete codes from the lidt to disable them?
[/quote] I think but I'm not sure. I would ask Ikari about it over at his blog sd2snes.de
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 06:19 PM »

Do the button combinations HERE not work? It's been a while since I've had time to play around with the new FW, so I haven't tried the cheat function just yet.

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 09:59 PM »

Do the button combinations HERE not work? It's been a while since I've had time to play around with the new FW, so I haven't tried the cheat function just yet.
They totally work. How ever if for some reason you go into your config file in the sd2snes folder and turn off ingame hooks and what not they won't. cheats also won't work if you do that. I personally have them off because they cause a few games to not work right, for example the super starwars games pause randomly and switch weapons on you all the time.
All I wanna do is shred.