Author Topic: Upcomming Everdrives?  (Read 436146 times)

Offline Captain N

• View Profile
Upcomming Everdrives?
« on: July 11, 2012, 09:20 PM »
I don't know if this is the right topic for this thread, I hope.

I'm curious to know if there are currently any plans for any future Everdrives and which systems Krikkz are interested in developing for?
Since Krikkz has been so productive there aren't many cartridge based console left, I guess there's the
NES, Atari 2600/Jaguar, NeoGeo, Virtual Boy, Vextrex and the Gameboy

Personally, I would love to see a Gameboy/Color Everdrive since there really isn't any good quality carts out for that system.

**Update**
Just for the heck of it, I made a poll to see which would actually be the most requested Everdrive.

What Everdrive would you like to see next
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:27 AM by Captain N »

Offline keropi

• View Profile
Re: Upcomming Everdrives?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 11:23 PM »
a GB classic/color everdrive would be awesome... we can only hope  ;D

Offline fungames

• View Profile
Re: Re: Upcomming Everdrives?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 05:28 PM »
Neo Geo Everdrive! Please, please, please!

Offline gtsamour

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 08:44 AM »
Ahhh, NeoGeo Everdrive would be a dream come true even if it cost a lot BUT its nearly impossible to make.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 11:09 AM »
I pretty sure that i will never work over NeoGeo. At least, in next 1-2 years. May be GB/GBC or NES/Famicom. I would like to use new generation of cpld chips, with low power consumption, in case if i will work over gb/gbc cart, but currently hard to buy this chips and they cost a lot

Offline Captain N

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 03:49 AM »
Judging by how eager people were to throw money after the SD2Snes cart even though it had price tag of almost $300 I would say there are tons of people out there who would like to see a GB/GBC flashcart. Esspecially since there aren't really any good alternatives. I have yet to see one that actually supports SD/MicroSD yet.
These two are the only two that I know of and you can only store a few roms (usually around 10-30) on it before it's filled up.

I would be happy to buy a GB Everdrive even if the price range would be around 200-$250

The NES could work too but I'm just thinking that there is already an alternative out there (PowerPak) So unless the NES Everdrive could bring some new improvements to the table I'd rather have a Gameboy Everdrive.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:52 AM by Captain N »

Offline Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 04:46 AM »
I'm sure a NES everdrive could improve on the powerpak.  The powerpak has a lot of mappers that don't work 100% right.  Some mappers on the nes powerpak don't work at all.

Offline edq

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 09:16 PM »
I am completely on the side of a gbc everdrive over a nes everdrive or any other for these reasons first off there is not a good gbc flash cart out there yet unlike the nes which has the powerpak. a gbc flash cart i think would also be easier to make compared to a nes flash cart because nes use a large amount of different mappers. it would be nice if the gbc everdrive ran on gba's also and could play gbc and gb games i would like it to use micro sd's. 2gb and under would be great. just some Suggestions.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 03:16 PM »
i would go for nes over gb/gbc. i still ain't coem across a nes flashcart without any problems with some mappers. i would love to see a nes flash cart with full mapper support and maybe save state option. full mapper support and almost 100 percent rom compatibility is the main thing. save states would be a bonus. be nice if it worked with front and top loader nes versions aswell.
 second to nes i would love to see a jaguar flash cart. seems like there has never been a proper flash cart for this console. i own a jaguar and a lot of games but sd flash cart would make life much easier and also i could get some of those holy grail type rare games finally lol (atari karts, breakout 2000).   i was gonna purchase a skunkboard sometime last year until i discovered there was no eeprom chip int he skunkboard for saving games. that put me right off tbh. made the cart almost a waste of time for a serious gamer like myself :(

Offline mabby

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 12:26 AM »
Whats stopping Krizz from developing for CD based systems - 3DO / Saturn / Dreamcast would be awsome - I know there is a Russian chap who has an IDE for 3D0 so its doable

Offline Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 03:20 PM »
Whats stopping Krizz from developing for CD based systems - 3DO / Saturn / Dreamcast would be awsome - I know there is a Russian chap who has an IDE for 3D0 so its doable

1: CD drive replacements aren't just "plug'n'play" you need to find someone to solder them in.

2: The russian thing could very well not work on all cd based consoles.

3: I talked to chilly willy and tiido about doing such a thing, they said it's way more complicated than a cartridge loader.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 06:49 PM »
the most important reasons:
1) lack of information about hardware
2) I am not a big fan of cd based systems

Offline Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 03:48 AM »
the most important reasons:
1) lack of information about hardware
2) I am not a big fan of cd based systems

I'd love a fpga drive replacement for the pc engine cd and the sega cd.  I honestly wish I knew how to make something like that, but I don't.  Talking to chilly willy and tiido it sounds extremely difficult and I can believe that.

Offline hhdavid

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 08:42 PM »
There is another option for GB/GBC: EMS GAME BOY SMART CART.
You can read a review here: http://www.gameboycarts.com/2009/12/ems-game-boy-smart-card-64-mb/
The problem I have found is that only one state can be saved, losing previous saved games.

If I can make a wish, this would be a NES EverDrive with improvements over Powerpak.

Offline danilop2k2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 05:19 AM »
What about atari jaguar?