Author Topic: PC Engine CD Rom drive emulator?  (Read 5427 times)

Offline OGHUGO

• View Profile
PC Engine CD Rom drive emulator?
« on: March 08, 2014, 06:40 AM »
I was on Stoneage gamer site the other day and they sell a board for the 3do that replaces the drive mechanism and puts a usb port in it's place. There you can add a usb thumb drive and load up the isos. Will something like this ever be possible for the PC engine/Turbografx16?
I would like some kind of adapter that can be inserted in the port in the back of the unit where you can add usb, or a hard drive to it..
What do you guys think?
I made a mock up of it..

Offline OGHUGO

• View Profile
Re: PC Engine CD Rom drive emulator?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 01:28 AM »
No reply??  is this possible Krikzz ?

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:48 AM »
drive replacement seems to be hot at the moment (3do, dreamcast to name 2) BUT you have to actually have the hardware, i cant ever see it being emulated on a simple USB stick  ::)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:50 AM by dvd2vcd »
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline OGHUGO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 08:59 AM »
drive replacement seems to be hot at the moment (3do, dreamcast to name 2) BUT you have to actually have the hardware, i cant ever see it being emulated on a simple USB stick  ::)
Yes off course, perhaps have something that will actual attach to the interface unit for the pc engine and instead of the cd player put in a drive emulator..

Offline ApolloBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 07:12 PM »
Yes off course, perhaps have something that will actual attach to the interface unit for the pc engine and instead of the cd player put in a drive emulator..
That pretty much rules out the Duo consoles and Super CD attachment though.