Author Topic: Upcomming Everdrives?  (Read 504530 times)

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
Re: Upcomming Everdrives?
« Reply #1020 on: November 21, 2013, 06:21 AM »
Regarding EDGB, what is the chance EDGB will support GBA games as well GB/GBC?
zero, totally different cart tech..
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline RGB_Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: November 21, 2013, 06:39 AM »
I hope the GB/GBC will have a built in menu system like DGBmax that will allow for different color pallets for Mono games...

Offline KalessinDB

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: November 21, 2013, 03:53 PM »
Its something to do with the size of the ROMs, the coming soon Zippy the porcupine wont run on it in full.
4k is hard to work with

There is also regional differences, get the wrong one for your console and the on srceen menus become hard to read

yeah your right. the size of the rom appears to be the problem :( the harmony cart would still be an ideal purchase but i passed in case something better comes along. if not i will continue to emulate 2600 on my xbox for now. i do prefer gaming on real hardware though so if a 100% cart comes along i will certainly get it right away.

as for the news about the gb/gbc everdrive i am very pleased to hear this news and will purchase one soon as they are available :)

Harmony's compatibility is well over 99%.  It's practically impossible to make ANY flash cart be truly 100%, there will always be that one weird game that uses a programming trick no one used except for the one guy who made it, and he retired immediately after making it, now he herds goats in the Andes with no internet connection.  And has amnesia.  And his arms were cut off.

My point being, don't hold off on a Harmony (or any flash cart for that matter) because it only plays 2783 out of 2789 games.  Trust me, those last 6 aren't games you played as a kid anyway.  If you like playing on real hardware, get the cart and enjoy the real hardware.  Though by the same token, if you like/have no problem with emulation, continue that way.  I myself do both.
Attempting a complete NTSC-U NES set.  Sell me your games!
What I've Got.  253/677 licensed games, 39/95 unlicensed games (drawing # from NA's "semi-official" list

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: November 21, 2013, 04:02 PM »
Its something to do with the size of the ROMs, the coming soon Zippy the porcupine wont run on it in full.
4k is hard to work with

There is also regional differences, get the wrong one for your console and the on srceen menus become hard to read

yeah your right. the size of the rom appears to be the problem :( the harmony cart would still be an ideal purchase but i passed in case something better comes along. if not i will continue to emulate 2600 on my xbox for now. i do prefer gaming on real hardware though so if a 100% cart comes along i will certainly get it right away.

as for the news about the gb/gbc everdrive i am very pleased to hear this news and will purchase one soon as they are available :)

Harmony's compatibility is well over 99%.  It's practically impossible to make ANY flash cart be truly 100%, there will always be that one weird game that uses a programming trick no one used except for the one guy who made it, and he retired immediately after making it, now he herds goats in the Andes with no internet connection.  And has amnesia.  And his arms were cut off.

My point being, don't hold off on a Harmony (or any flash cart for that matter) because it only plays 2783 out of 2789 games.  Trust me, those last 6 aren't games you played as a kid anyway.  If you like playing on real hardware, get the cart and enjoy the real hardware.  Though by the same token, if you like/have no problem with emulation, continue that way.  I myself do both.

what i tend to do these days is use emulation just for the few games that are incompatible. maybe i will get an harmony cart... it's not like there are too expensive. i'm in two minds about it tbh. i would prefer a Atari 2600 everdrive and maybe we will see one in the future. i think krikzz would get those troublesome 4k games working somehow lol.

Offline Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #1024 on: November 21, 2013, 09:46 PM »
Shut up and leave Drakon

How about you find something more productive to do with your time?

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: November 21, 2013, 11:08 PM »

what i tend to do these days is use emulation just for the few games that are incompatible. maybe i will get an harmony cart... it's not like there are too expensive. i'm in two minds about it tbh. i would prefer a Atari 2600 everdrive and maybe we will see one in the future. i think krikzz would get those troublesome 4k games working somehow lol.

About £40 for access to almost every 2600 game is good value
Yes even Double Dragon, also some 2600 carts sell for more than that.

I still buy carts for it when even i see one going cheap
TNOG.ORG - Games nights in Manchester - https://www.youtube.com/user/Darkprinny

Offline johey

• View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 26, 2013, 03:22 PM »
Everdrive GB is the best news I could possibly dream of! But please, name it Everboy and you'll make my day.  8)

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 26, 2013, 06:25 PM »
Everdrive GB is the best news I could possibly dream of! But please, name it Everboy and you'll make my day.  8)
Everboy sounds chinese lol everdrive GB sounds more uniform with his other products

Offline magnus87

• View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 28, 2013, 05:00 AM »

Offline RGB_Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 28, 2013, 05:40 AM »
magnus87,

I want one of those...can I buy it somewhere?

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 28, 2013, 11:53 AM »
Check this DVD2VCD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQoobB4Un20

;D
just one word WOW! love the design and il be looking into this with great interest, doom with music has got to be the most impressive port, it sucked that it didnt have music in the first place, thanks for finding this info mate! and its fresh! 2013! nice to see jag devs are still working hard to bring this kinda work for the world to see :)

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 28, 2013, 12:01 PM »
i would love this jag collection lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4hXwTF43qY

Offline Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #1032 on: November 28, 2013, 12:52 PM »
The playone looks great.  I'm not watching the video with sound because people are sleeping.  Is it some sort of clone?

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 28, 2013, 02:01 PM »
It's rather some kind of home-made 2-in-1 Jaguar+CD unit.
Really nice job, even if the painting could be better.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 28, 2013, 02:26 PM »
The paint work aint the best but the concept of the unit is amaZing with that custom pcb with SD interface i wonder whats possible with it now, amazing work for sure..