Author Topic: Upcomming Everdrives?  (Read 505338 times)

Offline KalessinDB

• View Profile
Re: Upcomming Everdrives?
« Reply #1035 on: December 01, 2013, 09:45 PM »
I will happily buy a PlayOne when it becomes available, damn.  I like his original design better, but this one is nice too.

I like that they said they might do Component video on it too when I was looking at their forum.
Attempting a complete NTSC-U NES set.  Sell me your games!
What I've Got.  253/677 licensed games, 39/95 unlicensed games (drawing # from NA's "semi-official" list

Offline RGB_Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 01, 2013, 10:13 PM »
I hope this jaguar hybrid really is for sale some day - as long as it has RGB output.

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
« Reply #1037 on: December 06, 2013, 01:23 AM »
What I would love to see, would be something like precompiled librarys with some headers for the upcoming everdrives.
With functions like fat/sdram access or rom flashing/startup.
But i'm not quiet sure if this is a good idea in respect of preventing others from creating clones. ^^

Offline rocketblast

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 11, 2013, 03:15 AM »
Colecovision, small market.  Atari 5200 I'm not sure how many would buy... Atari 2600 blows.  coleco and 5200 are better.  NeoGeo is expensive and the market is too small to validate making a flash cart for it (if we had arcades still, then ok yeah but we don't).  Jaguar is a good idea but look how difficult it is to sell the skunkboard when they are available, that is a wash.  Suffice to say, if N64 flash cart sales are good that is luck right there.  Although I am having a lot more fun playing my ED641.01 than my SD2SNES both of which Krikzz soldered together :D

GB/GBC one is a good idea since there is an enormous attachment rate even still for those 2 consoles (GB/Pocket/GBC).  Apparantly a lot of people still do play it.  I own one mint condition "brick" Gameboy and one Gameboy pocket that needs a new shell..as well as a Gameboy color.  That system was very very fun to play on and I remember tons of people played pokemon on all 3 I mentioned.  some still do.

Do you know what I wonder though. I wonder if Krikzz could make something for the Sega Dreamcast since people pine over that so much and the current hardware solution is very sub-par (slow data transfer rate).  if the Dreamcast had some replacement for the gd-rom that stored data on hard disk, flash, or ssd, now we would be talking.  Although at that point, people will probably then want a solution for PSX although one can play the full library simply on a PSP.

Well looks to me like GB/GBC device is up next, a welcome addition.  The N8 is pretty awesome too if you ask me and beyond my hopes, in mapper support.  So it looks like it dominates the competition so far.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:22 AM by rocketblast »

Offline RGB_Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 11, 2013, 03:39 AM »
Wow looks like someone is selling a cuttle cart 3 on ebay...

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 11, 2013, 07:17 AM »
TNOG.ORG - Games nights in Manchester - https://www.youtube.com/user/Darkprinny

Offline rocketblast

• View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 11, 2013, 08:47 AM »
Atari 2600 blows. 

lol firstly, neither of my cats would approve of that console (nonetheless they would be frightened of the thing) and second, have fun playing poke the dot with the stick :)  5200 > 2600.  Coleco > Atari for that matter :)

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: December 11, 2013, 01:55 PM »
Testament to how good it is, people still make games for it, the others on the other hand...................

Offline rocketblast

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 11, 2013, 07:37 PM »
Testament to how good it is, people still make games for it, the others on the other hand...................

People still make games for Coleco and possibly 5200 as well among other things such as NES, SNES, etc.  coleco is more than likely more ideal and easier to code for.  2600 programs mostly were done in pure ASM and even the original designers had problems porting arcade games to it.  And look at pacman foor 2600, an atrocity, pure garbage.  The 5200 version is more spot on.

I still stand by that the GB/GBC is a more popular choice than all of these and that is proven by the poll.  I would definitely game on a b&w gb system over a 2600 ;)  Better CPU (basically the same CPU the colecovision has in it lol) and better games, better fun factor.  Sure there were some games I thought were neat for 2600 but I was maybe what 7 years old at that time.  In those days, we could sit a hot wheels car on an incline then let it go and be content.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:38 PM by rocketblast »

Offline reprep

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: December 11, 2013, 07:53 PM »
well, after a gb/gbc, i want a gba everdrive. sure there is ez flash iv, but i think gba deserves krikzz quality.
PM me if you want to sell your Everdrive MD.

Offline rocketblast

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: December 11, 2013, 07:56 PM »
well, after a gb/gbc, i want a gba everdrive. sure there is ez flash iv, but i think gba deserves krikzz quality.

It would need RTC because that is what ez flash lacks.  the best one ever made was m3 perfect since it had all the features, including nand which apparently the ez flash has as well.

Offline reprep

• View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 11, 2013, 08:14 PM »

It would need RTC because that is what ez flash lacks.  the best one ever made was m3 perfect since it had all the features, including nand which apparently the ez flash has as well.

RTC isn't a dealbreaker for me. i am more interested in 1. SDHC card support (no more 2 gb limit) 2. Auto save patching (no more stupid transfer program) 3. better build quality
PM me if you want to sell your Everdrive MD.

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 11, 2013, 10:43 PM »

People still make games for Coleco and possibly 5200 as well among other things such as NES, SNES, etc.  coleco is more than likely more ideal and easier to code for.  2600 programs mostly were done in pure ASM and even the original designers had problems porting arcade games to it.  And look at pacman foor 2600, an atrocity, pure garbage.  The 5200 version is more spot on.

Thats because PacMan was rushed, theres a homebrew of it out that fixes its problems
Some one is also working on a 3D game engine for it,
Anyway the 5200 lived for two years then died, didn't even get a release outside the US and was so big, Microsoft had to make a bigger console years later so that they could hold the title of "Biggest console"

As we have all seen in the past, the most powerful console is never really the best.

This internet conversation will not end and might end up spilling out, so can we both agree to disagree on that the 2600 is an awesome machine?

Offline rocketblast

• View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: December 12, 2013, 02:27 AM »

Thats because PacMan was rushed, theres a homebrew of it out that fixes its problems
Some one is also working on a 3D game engine for it,
Anyway the 5200 lived for two years then died, didn't even get a release outside the US and was so big, Microsoft had to make a bigger console years later so that they could hold the title of "Biggest console"

As we have all seen in the past, the most powerful console is never really the best.

This internet conversation will not end and might end up spilling out, so can we both agree to disagree on that the 2600 is an awesome machine?

2600 was the most popular home entertainment console Atari ever built (unless I am mistaken and it was the 5200 which was backward compatible, my neighbor had one and I didn't know all that stuff when I was a kid so I often got it confused with 2600 however Food  Fight doesn't exist on 2600 so I'm confident that he owned a 5200 and it was a pretty decent console).

2600 also stayed in mainline toy stores for quite some time even on into mid to late NES glory days.  Toys R Us and Kay Bee had inventory of 2600 consoles and cartridges for quite some time.

Outside of the US I don't know.   All I know is that some UK company bought out full rights to Colecovision and was making it, clones, maybe even clones of 2600 I'm not sure.  I forgot the name of that company, Telegames I think it was if my memory serves right.

But US is the big driver in the gaming market, some argue Japan is as well.  Europe and Australia get the short end of the stick and bare minimum to bargains.  I'm not sure how popular these US consoles were in Japan.  NES did great there, MKIII probably did ok, not sure tho.  As of the past 10 years or something the Japanese seem to not like American consoles as much as their own mainland staple but everyone knows that most of the great video games are made in Canada and the United States.  It's funny how people think Japan makes all of the best stuff when they only develop a small fraction of it compared to North America.

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: December 12, 2013, 07:12 AM »
  It's funny how people think Japan makes all of the best stuff when they only develop a small fraction of it compared to North America.
I wouldnt say that. back then I would, but these days most things that come out of the US are genaric playing army game or sports.

the 5200 from what I have herd isnt capable of playing 2600 games

The 7800 is (I have a weird fondness for it)

Telegames did bung out the odd 2600 game and in the earily 2000s they put Jaguars back on the game shelfs (back stock?) much to the surprise of the likes of me.

Annnnnnnnnyway

JAGUAR EVERDRIVE!!