Author Topic: Upcomming Everdrives?  (Read 525966 times)

Offline Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
Re: Re: Upcomming Everdrives?
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 02:03 AM »
Oh that I wasn't aware of.  The nes powerpak reproduces all kinds of audio hardware including the vrc6.  Something tells me it would be possible to fpga the master system fm hardware.

I'd like to see krikzz add support for the mega everdrive to recreate the master system fm audio.  Then again look at the amazing response I never got:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=29.0

NEO Myth MD 3in1 flash cart actually has the FM chip on board ;)

Offline akumajo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 12:36 PM »
Hi

I would like to see this :
#8/16 BITS
- NES/FAMICOM Everdrive (incoming !, huge works if you want 100% compatibility, evil mappers  ;D)
- Wonderswan / Wonderswan Color Everdrive (a big exclusivity)
- GAME BOY / GAME BOY COLOR Everdrive (I think that Everdrive could be better than those old flashcarts...)
- GAME BOY ADVANCE Everdrive (why not ? :p)

And some specials :
- PlayStation CD-Emulator Everdrive
- Saturn CD-Emulator Everdrive
- PCEngine CD-Emulator Everdrive
- PC-FX CD Everdrive

Because lens are horribles and someone need to do this stuff ...

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2012, 12:48 AM »
atari jaguar MORE than anything!!!!
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline modsbox

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2012, 04:34 AM »
First of all, I'm buying a NES/Famicom Everdrive day 1.  That would be awesome.  I've got a Super Everdrive, Everdrive MD, and Turbo Everdrive already and would love to have as high a quality NES solution.

All this said, Krikzz you really should reconsider the Neo Geo AES Everdrive idea.  The games are _insanely_ expensive.  Some of the best cost more than $1000.  I've owned a few Neo Geos and love the console, as do many.  In the end the cost of the AES games (or an MVS to AES converter + MVS games) is just so high it's extremely difficult to justify the expense.  If I could buy an AES everdrive, even for $300 or more I would do it in a heartbeat.  To just be able to play all the Metal Slug games on real hardware without spending thousands would be worth it.  Add to that all the rare Neo Geo AES games that are worth $1000+ and the purchase is a no brainer.  I know it may seem like not that many people would buy it, but the price that people would be willing to pay for it could be a lot higher than you'd think.  Even if you didn't sell that many, people would pay a lot.

All your stuff is great, whether you do Neo Geo or not, seriously... it's awesome.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2012, 11:47 PM »
actually how many AES games are there? probably about 100-150...half of them japanese, the console itself is ridiculously expensive...why would krikzz make a everdrive for it?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2012, 11:53 AM »
Also i must say that neogeo cart is pretty complex thing. May be i will make a toy for jag, but i pretty sure that i will never do something for neogeo
actually how many AES games are there? probably about 100-150...half of them japanese, the console itself is ridiculously expensive...?

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2012, 02:13 PM »
Also i must say that neogeo cart is pretty complex thing. May be i will make a toy for jag, but i pretty sure that i will never do something for neogeo
actually how many AES games are there? probably about 100-150...half of them japanese, the console itself is ridiculously expensive...?

jag would be brilliant :)

Offline modsbox

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2012, 07:36 PM »
actually how many AES games are there? probably about 100-150...half of them japanese, the console itself is ridiculously expensive...why would krikzz make a everdrive for it?

Um, I understand what you're saying.  But then to go on to say a Jaguar everdrive would be brilliant?  Jag has very few games total, and extremely few good games overall as well.  For $200 I can buy a Jag and all the best games.  Meanwhile if I knew there was an Everdrive for it, I could buy a Neo Geo AES console for $250 -- it's not that expensive -- but the games are insanely expensive.  The main thing is that the Neo has TONS of amazing games-- Samurai Shodown series, Metal Slug series, King of Fighters series, Baseball Stars, Last Blade 1 & 2, Sengoku series... It's seriously no contest.  And even a high-priced flash cart, say $250-300 would be a no brainer purchase to anyone who owns a Neo Geo system.  Just one of the very best games costs that.  On top of that, there is a huge community of Neo Geo fans that spend a _lot_ of money on the system and games.  Just take a look at this:

http://www.neostore.com/category-s/3.htm

Some of the most common games only cost $50-100 on ebay, but a lot of the best cost thousands even in poor condition.  People gut common (cheap) games and replace the chips with burned chips from more expensive games, then _sell them as reproductions_ for hundreds.  It's crazy!  I'd buy a $300 flash cart for Neo Geo in a heartbeat, as would anyone else who owns the system.

Offline Gh0st

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2012, 09:49 PM »
I vote GBA. Hopefully with support for MicroSDHC up to 16GB, so we can just grab a full rom set and have it fit on the cart.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2012, 12:14 AM »
@modsbox, maybe they are common as muck in the US unfortunately neo geo aes consoles are way too expensive and rare in the UK i wished i could buy a console at $250 dollars LOL!!! they fetch around £400 in the UK ($650) id rather have a jag everdrive anyday before aes..

Offline Chilly Willy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2012, 05:36 AM »
Jag has very few games total, and extremely few good games overall as well.  For $200 I can buy a Jag and all the best games.

$200 would get you a used Jag with two or possibly three average games. Good Jag games are expensive. Maybe you are thinking of the Jag market five years ago, but today it's rather expensive to collect for.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2012, 12:57 PM »
cruel lol i have a wiiU on pre order

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2012, 08:34 AM »
hmm only 4MB re-writable...BUT...the jagware flash cart :D

http://www.jagware.org/index.php?s=bfb5703a58c546d1cbf0c9a3b1a543c4&showtopic=841&st=0&p=13159&#entry13159

upcoming in the following months apparently
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:37 AM by dvd2vcd »

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2012, 08:10 PM »
did u see the pic of it, imagine "everdrive" written on it plus a SD card slot...dreamy, making a flash cart for jag might be kinda hard, cmon krikzz get ya thinkin cap on lol

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2012, 08:22 PM »
whilst were on the subject of long projects...check this out, dr neo from neoflash has been working on a nes flash cart since 2008!!! i have his N64 myth cart which is brilliant, just wonder why its taking so long...

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4928.0.html