Author Topic: Upcomming Everdrives?  (Read 504018 times)

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
Re: Upcomming Everdrives?
« Reply #1080 on: February 21, 2014, 08:41 PM »
Ta muchly

With a bit of help I could definately get the 10+
TNOG.ORG - Games nights in Manchester - https://www.youtube.com/user/Darkprinny

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 21, 2014, 09:06 PM »
i really want one of these aswell guys. i also got put off by the ordering situation.

Offline lastcallhall

• View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 21, 2014, 09:11 PM »
Yeah, I was in for the 10+ order on the Assembler forum, but it looks like we have enough interest here to make it happen. I'm cool with waiting until the summer, as a lot of my funds are tied up in other projects at the moment. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 21, 2014, 09:15 PM »
Ill keep you lot in touch, if push comes to shove ill act as a third party on here and pass out details in a separate thread

Offline KalessinDB

• View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 22, 2014, 12:22 PM »
Enthusiasmdisappears.bmp

Its not that hes Russian (google translate kinda works) its the lack of contact details and sales page
I was in on the group buy on assembler till it fell apart.  here is the thread that has some more info:
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?27794-IDE-adapter-for-3DO-FZ-10/page5
there was a member over there that speaks russian that was going to help out with contacting the developer.

There is also some info on stone age gamer about it:
http://www.stoneagegamer.com/3do-usb-adapter-panasonic-fz-10.html
Looks like they ordered some more from him and are waiting on them to arrive

Hi.  I got one installed into my FZ-1 from Stone Age Gamer.  It's nice, though sadly the menu is white on blue, not green on black like shown there, and I'm not really sure if there's on option to change it.  Looks nicer with the green on black IMO.  Have only really played around with it for less than an hour at this point, it's been a busy week at work since I got it back from SAG.

SAG doesn't have any real instructions for it, though they'll do the install for you for a fee (I barely know not to touch the hot end of a soldering iron, so I was doing that).  They gave me Mnemo's ICQ number and his email when I had a question -- he DID respond to the email after a couple days, short reply but did answer the question I posed to him.  The email is the same one that's on that site.  Google Translate works well enough for his website, though he did respond to the email in English.  If you need another translator, I'm decent internet friends with a Russian girl who does English translation for a living so she can probably help out.
Attempting a complete NTSC-U NES set.  Sell me your games!
What I've Got.  253/677 licensed games, 39/95 unlicensed games (drawing # from NA's "semi-official" list

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 22, 2014, 03:01 PM »
as much as i want one of these devices though i'm wondering how 3do game compatibility is?
 i'm hoping that compatibility would be 100% or otherwise i may stick to my setup the way it is as my 3do plays everything. if all games work with this device then i would get one installed (faster loading, no laser to wear out etc).

Offline KalessinDB

• View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 22, 2014, 05:10 PM »
Being that it's not emulation, it's just mounting the disc image in a different way, I have to imagine it's 100%?  But I've only tested 2 games on it (a pinball game because it was the smallest one I could find and I just wanted proof of concept, and lucienne's quest because lucienne's quest) so far... and honestly I doubt I have the desire to look through all 300something games to test it.
Attempting a complete NTSC-U NES set.  Sell me your games!
What I've Got.  253/677 licensed games, 39/95 unlicensed games (drawing # from NA's "semi-official" list

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 22, 2014, 06:06 PM »
The "Supports up to 2tb drives" thing did make me laugh

theres probably 100gb of games/multimedia for it and probably 10gb worth of things worth actually giving a toss about.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 22, 2014, 07:44 PM »
yeah 2tb support would be handy for a ps1 device of this nature. shame the psio guys are going down the sd card route only and dropping large HD option. still i guess it's no big hassle to copy games back and forth from HD to sd card as and when needed.
 the reason i was thinking about the 3do game compatibility is if some games look for specific timing which would only work correctly from the cd drive. what got me thinking was i remember reading an article on why some ps2 games don't work from the ps2hd and the timing reason was mentioned.

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 22, 2014, 07:58 PM »
yeah 2tb support would be handy for a ps1 device of this nature. shame the psio guys are going down the sd card route only and dropping large HD option. still i guess it's no big hassle to copy games back and forth from HD to sd card as and when needed.
 the reason i was thinking about the 3do game compatibility is if some games look for specific timing which would only work correctly from the cd drive. what got me thinking was i remember reading an article on why some ps2 games don't work from the ps2hd and the timing reason was mentioned.
It would be a hassle for me,
At my games nights (TNOG.ORG) I like to have everything in one

But with a few 64GB cards I could get all the games worth playing and a few surprises

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 23, 2014, 02:40 AM »
i imagine that sd cards are going to keep getting bigger aswell and maybe with firmware updates larger future sizes will be supported. if someone would have told me years ago that we could have 64gb micro sd cards it would have sounded a little far fetched i guess.

Offline copyman

• View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 23, 2014, 06:47 AM »
Had no idea Atari 2600 has a flashcart! Thanks for letting me know. Might get one someday.

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 23, 2014, 10:42 AM »
i imagine that sd cards are going to keep getting bigger aswell and maybe with firmware updates larger future sizes will be supported. if someone would have told me years ago that we could have 64gb micro sd cards it would have sounded a little far fetched i guess.

I have been around for quite a few years

I have seen 512mb memory cards go from £20 to 20 for £5
16gb go from £60 to about £5 and now I kinda sneer at that size

Offline FriendofSonic

• View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 23, 2014, 08:51 PM »
I'd love to get in on the bulk order with you guys.

Offline justinwebb

• View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 24, 2014, 03:59 PM »
I know krikzz doesnt do any disc drive systems but this dreamcast GDROM is pretty cool
http://dknute.livejournal.com/42609.html