Author Topic: Feature request  (Read 14039 times)

Offline Troyus

• View Profile
Re: Feature request
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 02:11 AM »
The ability to display game snaps for each game in the background as you scroll through the games (like my arcade machine does)
I have a screenshot or 'snap' for just about every nes, snes, megadrive, mastersystem, n64 etc etc in 320x240 resolution and it would be cool if these could be on the sd card and display as the games are scrolled through. This feature for all versions is requested as well :)
Flash carts: game gear ED, megadrive ED, SNES ED, nintendo64 ED, N8 ED, GB ED, GBA ED, PSIO

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 04:32 AM »
The ability to display game snaps for each game in the background as you scroll through the games (like my arcade machine does)
I have a screenshot or 'snap' for just about every nes, snes, megadrive, mastersystem, n64 etc etc in 320x240 resolution and it would be cool if these could be on the sd card and display as the games are scrolled through. This feature for all versions is requested as well :)

While it would certainly be cool, it is not possible on the nes/famicom unfortunatly.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 05:45 AM »
im sure a menu with snaps would be possible for this, it uses a Cyclone II FPGA just like the mega ed, only krikzz would know and i bet chilly willy would know how to make one :)
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 05:55 AM »
It's impossible, the FPGA can't be used to display graphic on the Everdrive N8, the NES/Famicom is the one handling the menu code and graphic display and this is simply something that can't be done. It is already quite a feat that Krikzz managed to add SD card file sorting to the menu, this might look trivial but it is hard to do this fast enough on a console like the NES.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 05:56 AM by SkinnyV »

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 05:58 AM »
ahh :(
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline Troyus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 06:57 AM »
What about the other everdrives?
I have the mega drive md, n64 and nes on the way and waiting on stock of the snes one so I'm. Keen for all if possible.

Usually how these things work is that if you pause for a few seconds on a title, the the pic will load to save resources.

On a side note my mame machine has little videos playing of the games when you stop on it. Pretty cool but I don't want to play the console games on there as it is not the same
Flash carts: game gear ED, megadrive ED, SNES ED, nintendo64 ED, N8 ED, GB ED, GBA ED, PSIO

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 07:41 AM »
Some other Everdrive could possibly have such a snapshot feature added (would be a lot of work for Krikzz though :) ). The N64 version might be able to pull it off for example. It really got more to do with the console it is running on more than anything.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:44 AM by SkinnyV »

Offline Troyus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 09:21 AM »
Thanks skinny
It's just a idea/ wish of course, not a deal breaker by any means

Offline magnus87

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 05:44 PM »
@Troyus

Great idea but Its a Famicom, not a PSX

It need to be more simple menu like to....

Costumize fonts colour
Costumize sounds

in another words, like to a pirate multicart

3 diferent (roms) menu styles
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ml9lrn
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 06:22 PM by magnus87 »