Author Topic: Framemeister issues with the Turbo Everdrive Menu  (Read 3029 times)

Offline jqm78

• View Profile
Framemeister issues with the Turbo Everdrive Menu
« on: November 09, 2017, 04:38 PM »
Hello. I am having an issue with the Turbo Everdrive menu while using it in my NTSC Turbo Duo with an RGB Euro Scart mod through a framemeister upscaler and into an LG 4k TV by HDMI.

The games play and look great. It's the menu that is giving me an issue. If I take out the RGB cable and put the AV cable back in, the menu displays fine. If I select the game I want with the AV cable plugged in, I can pull it out and re-insert the SCART (through the Framemeister) and play the game fine, in beautiful 1080p.

I believe what the issue is, is that the Framemeister is made to display the games, but something about the resolution of the Turbo Everdrive menu is making it not display properly. I get a garbled white screen and can't make out the menu with it on.

My question is, is there an alternate menu display option, or is there an ideal resolution setting on the Framemeister that anyone know of that I can switch to while using the menu?

I was thinking of getting a splitter DIN cable (1 male to 2 female) and just hooking up both the Scart and the AV and switching over to the AV channel to select from the menu and then back to the HDMI for the Framemeister to play the actual games.

I know it sounds convoluted and maybe even confusing, but if anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance!

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Framemeister issues with the Turbo Everdrive Menu
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 07:41 PM »
I don't own a Framemeister but I've heard you need to tweak the settings a lot depending on your needs.
I doubt you can change the Turbo Everdrive's menu resolution or field rate, unless Krikzz does something but in that case he will be introducing a new potential failure point.

I was thinking of getting a splitter DIN cable (1 male to 2 female) and just hooking up both the Scart and the AV and switching over to the AV channel to select from the menu and then back to the HDMI for the Framemeister to play the actual games.
That sounds like a good enough solution.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline PixelPedant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 07:17 PM »
Never had any issues with the menu on my Framemeister here.  I'm using the dbGrafx Booster on a CoreGrafx, though.  Still, there shouldn't be any difference between the graphics modes used or the way they're handled by the system.  Very curious.

Offline jqm78

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 06:39 PM »
So I figured out a temporary solution.

Using the remote for the Framemeister, if I select "Data" and then load "default" profile then RGB, the menu will display. Then once I get into the game, I can reload the optimal profile and view it in high resolution.

It's still a little bit of a hassle, since I have to switch back and forth from the optimal file to Default every time I want to change a game, but it's better than having to switch the actual cables.

I'll update if I figure out any more.

Thanks!

Offline AlfaTrion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 08:54 PM »
So I figured out a temporary solution.

Using the remote for the Framemeister, if I select "Data" and then load "default" profile then RGB, the menu will display. Then once I get into the game, I can reload the optimal profile and view it in high resolution.

It's still a little bit of a hassle, since I have to switch back and forth from the optimal file to Default every time I want to change a game, but it's better than having to switch the actual cables.

I'll update if I figure out any more.

Thanks!

Do you have any update on this? My EuroSCART from fidde_se arrives this month.

I got the white screen issue when I first got my TED with AV cable going to framemeister but I unplugged and replugged the AV cable from the console and that worked. Also to be honest the picture looked great with AV + XRGB-mini at 720p with scanlines in picture mode on my 75" 1080p tv. I'm excited to see the difference in RGB!