Author Topic: wonderboy in monster world  (Read 6057 times)

Offline manorock850

• View Profile
wonderboy in monster world
« on: March 07, 2016, 06:55 AM »
I was wondering if anybody had any problems loading wonderboy in Monster World for the Genesis / Megadrive. I haven't put in a Game Genie codes and yet I just can't seem to load the wrong it allows me to hit the start button but doesn't go to the option for a new game or continue. If nobody feels comfortable showing a site where the rom is located can somebody just let me know if they can verify that there is one that works. I hit the start button and it just stays on the title screen freezes. Thanks Josh

Offline keropi

• View Profile
Re: wonderboy in monster world
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 06:32 PM »
use the patch posted here: http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=16722#16722  , it will change the save type of the game from eeprom to sram and then the game will work

Offline manorock850

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 01:10 PM »
Thank you I'll give it a try this weekend. I downloaded like 16 different ROMs and I finally got one to work however it's in Japanese not sure if that's even possible to get a patch for English. I'm pretty sure that this was released in Europe and if that's the case there would have to be one in English somewhere because Brits speak English haha

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 03:06 PM »
the english version can be patched :)

Offline manorock850

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 04:21 PM »
Thanks I'll look for English version and try it out this weekend when I have more free time as always thank you for your time.

Offline sammy555

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 05:39 PM »
I'm having trouble with saving on this game.

The only way that the game saves is if I reset the game.  If I power off the system instead of resetting, the game forgets my save.  Quite frustrating.

I have the Mega Everdrive v2 so I thought I didn't have to reset to save?  What is the problem here?

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 04:51 AM »
i don't know what the problem is but just throwing out an idea here.
 even though the mega everdrive supports saving without pressing reset perhaps because the rom in question was patched from eeprom save to sram then maybe for some reason the mega everdrive v2 is not recognizing it as a genuine sram game and therefore not creating the save automatically and thats why you have to force the save by pressing reset.
 i'm probably wrong but this is the first possible theory which came to mind, maybe other eeprom to sram patched roms will behave the same when trying to save, i have a mega everdrive v1 so i would not know.

aloram

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 01:01 AM »
Krikzz said this game is one of the EEPROM-save games that saves on v2, so I recommend trying the regular, unpatched ROM.

Offline manorock850

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 05:12 AM »
Works like a charm thank you very much I beat it last night great game. If you get the US rom its in English and it saved fine it should give you the option to continue when you save it. I just hit reset came back and it started me at the last inn I saved at.

Offline manorock850

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 05:13 AM »
Thanks for letting everybody know what krizz said about the rom.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 11:02 PM »
it is a fine game, i played it years ago using my super magic drive copier but i stopped playing it then lost the floppy with my save backups :(
 then when the game was released for as a classic  game on psn for ps3 i purchased it and completed it. this was a year or two before i got my everdrives or otherwise i would have played it through using my mega everdrive.
 the game was so much fun but that last boss bit with the mechanical saw, lasers and the one eyed creature was very frustrating. it seemed to be more luck then judgement and after numerous attempts i beat it, not because i improved my strategy but because i kept trying and sooner or later i had a good/lucky go.
 funny thing is onje of my gaming mates who played this game said he hated that boss aswell for the exact same reason.