Author Topic: N8-NES  (Read 55442 times)

Offline Captain N

• View Profile
Re: N8-NES
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2013, 02:35 AM »
Yeah, I was planning on using it on my AV Famicom (Which I actually purchased because of the N8)

I live in Denmark and as far as I have been told, PAL NESes can't be RGB modded.
Only problem I'm facing now is finding a AC/DC adapter for the AV Famicom that'll work here in Europe since there weren't included with the console :/

Offline reprep

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2013, 02:38 AM »
here is a good tip for you. As you are in Europe, you can easily find a sega mega drive 2 charger. it is the same with AV famicom but with one big difference. the inside is + on the sega mega drive 2, while it is - on AV famicom. so change the polarity of the tip and you are ready to go. you can cut the wire and rewire it to make - side +, and + side -.

alternatively you can use a 9 v generic charger with interchangeable plugs.
PM me if you want to sell your Everdrive MD.

Offline Captain N

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2013, 03:06 AM »
I know it sounds easy but I have little to no technical expertiese with that sort of stuff.

Is there somewhere I can just buy the finished product where I won't have to mod/solder/rewire anything?

Offline reprep

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2013, 03:11 AM »
i bought mine locally so i can't give a link.

you can buy a generic charger with 9 V, about 1 A power.

a very important thing to look for is it must be center pin negative. most chargers you can find has center pin positive, if you plug one of these to your av famicom, you will say goodbye to it.

Offline Captain N

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2013, 03:16 AM »
a very important thing to look for is it must be center pin negative. most chargers you can find has center pin positive, if you plug one of these to your av famicom, you will say goodbye to it.

I wouldn't really know what to look for to make sure that wouldn't happen. I'll probably just embarrass myself even more with my lack of knowledge on this subject.

Do you have link for a product that can do all those things you say and still work in a EU socket?

Offline Grambo

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2013, 07:37 AM »
This'll work:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-UK-MAINS-POWER-SUPPLY-9V-24V-AC-DC-1A-PSU-CHARGER-ADAPTER-12-18-20-/370729363055?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item565131266f

Do as reprep says and make sure your polarity is correct or your console goes boom.
Don't trust your AV Famicom's life to guesswork based on tiny plastic symbols. Buy a cheap multimeter. Set it to DC Voltage. Stick the red prong in the center and the black prong on the outside. Is the number displayed on your meter negative 9V? Good. Is it positive 9V? BOOM.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:39 AM by Grambo »

Offline reprep

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2013, 11:01 AM »
The link Grambo posted will work well. i use the nearly same thing (but with 2 socket euro plug). of course these are cheap chinese chargers and to be sure, do as Grambo says to check polarity. Mine works well, but no one can guarantee yours will too. also i bought mine at about 5 gbp locally. that is way too overpriced.

it can be plugged to your console with center pin positive or negative. look at the sign at the final plug. you can also use the same charger on your NES,SNES and sega mega drive.

http://www.google.com.tr/imgres?client=firefox-a&hs=xlY&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:tr:official&biw=1280&bih=718&tbm=isch&tbnid=0Xbvf1TCI6BIaM:&imgrefurl=http://www.amperordirect.com/pc/r-power-resource/laptop-auto-adapter-buying-guide.html&docid=RQZAwaiWlco5mM&imgurl=http://www.amperordirect.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/center_pin_polarity.jpg&w=300&h=122&ei=Nb-EUaLMIMfEsgbz7IDoCQ&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:0,s:0,i:80&iact=rc&dur=198&page=1&tbnh=97&tbnw=240&start=0&ndsp=17&tx=158&ty=53

Also how do you plan to fit that RGB ppu to your AV famicom? it is a really hard work to do. do you know any place which can do this? i too plan to buy one but i don't have the skill to fit the ppu to the board.

Offline Captain N

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2013, 11:29 AM »
I'm still not entirely sure on how to check the polarity, neither before bying or after,
I also don't know how to change polarities. Like I said. I have no technical know-how myself.

I would prefer a EU standard plug. Those UK ones are so big and ugly :/

I have a friend that I am paying to install the PPU for me. He's kind of an expert when it comes to console modding.
I don't really know any sites that offer to mod stuff for you.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 11:33 AM by Captain N »

Offline fryguy

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2013, 08:32 PM »
I know it's possible to buy a Everdrive NES cart including case on some shops. But does anyone sell only cases for the Everdrive for NES?

I already ordered a Everdrive NES without case.

(I'm aware that i can buy some crappy game and modify the case but i'm lazy and wondering if anyone sells premodded case only)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:34 PM by fryguy »

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2013, 08:51 PM »
I know it's possible to buy a Everdrive NES cart including case on some shops. But does anyone sell only cases for the Everdrive for NES?

(I'm aware that i can buy some crappy game and modify the case but i'm lazy and wondering if anyone sells premodded case only)
i highly doubt anyone sells pre-modded cases for any of the everdrives buddy

your just gonna have to buy a cart and chop it up yourself
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline fryguy

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2013, 12:54 AM »

i highly doubt anyone sells pre-modded cases for any of the everdrives buddy

your just gonna have to buy a cart and chop it up yourself

Yeah i guessed so but it was worth a try.

Offline Zdif

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2013, 01:15 PM »
Hey guys!

I was just wondering: I own a completely normal and standard european nes. If i buy this cartridge, can i use it without having to make any further modifications? do i have sound and everything?

and another question to retrogate: from where do they ship? do i have to pay taxes if i order to austria?

and do i need to order a cartridge with usb port if i just want to play standard nes games?

thanks for reading!!

Offline Troyus

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2013, 03:11 PM »
Hey guys!

I was just wondering: I own a completely normal and standard european nes. If i buy this cartridge, can i use it without having to make any further modifications? do i have sound and everything?

and another question to retrogate: from where do they ship? do i have to pay taxes if i order to austria?

and do i need to order a cartridge with usb port if i just want to play standard nes games?

thanks for reading!!
1* Yes, it all works. A few games may be unsoported but 99.9% work. You will need a SD card
2. From the Ukrane.
3* Shouldnt have to pay tax as its a very small item doller wise. I dont know your country but here is Australia the min is $1000 before we supposed to pay tax
4* No need for the USB port
Flash carts: game gear ED, megadrive ED, SNES ED, nintendo64 ED, N8 ED, GB ED, GBA ED, PSIO

Offline Zdif

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2013, 05:23 PM »
thanks for your fast answer! already ordered my copy now :)

Offline deksar

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2013, 07:56 PM »
I dont know your country but here is Australia the min is $1000 before we supposed to pay tax

By the way, it's MAX 75 EUR here in Turkey and when it exceeds that amount, we supposed to pay the Customs tax, yes, a HORRIBLE limit. So my question would be the following; Would Retrogate declare a lower amount for the sake of preventing the tax for its customers?
Many thanks.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:59 PM by deksar »