Author Topic: Star Ocean Eng 1.0 DeJap Sound Issues (No Music)  (Read 2730 times)

Offline QuidamPhoenix

• View Profile
Star Ocean Eng 1.0 DeJap Sound Issues (No Music)
« on: April 27, 2016, 02:14 AM »
As stated in the subject, I'm having issues with Star Ocean on the SNES, specifically the uncompressed and translated version.

The game runs and functions great, except for the music. When entering a new zone, music plays correctly. After entering and finishing a battle and resuming play, the zone music does not start up again. It stays silent until I enter a new zone with new music. This can be encountered as soon as you finish the first battle against the thieves at the beginning of the game.

Does anyone have a fix for this? One of the big draws to Tri Ace RPGs is the soundtrack, and it's a shame to not be able to hear it after the first random battle in each area.

Thanks.

Offline hunterk

• View Profile
Re: Star Ocean Eng 1.0 DeJap Sound Issues (No Music)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 03:48 PM »
Which SD2SNES firmware are you using? If 0.1.7*, have you tried disabling the in-game hooks? I ran into a similar issue in Chrono Trigger when using one of the preview releases. I haven't checked to see if it's still there or not, but it was apparently caused by the hooks.

Offline ikari_01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 05:03 PM »
Another user who had the same issue a while ago confirmed that it's definitely the hooks.

Offline QuidamPhoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 06:32 PM »
I'll try that out tonight when I get home, I'm using 0.1.7a I believe. Thanks a lot!

Offline QuidamPhoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 02:37 PM »
That was definitely the issue, turning off in game hooks fixed it.

Thanks again.