Author Topic: At this point I'll just wait for the next gen of Snes flash carts  (Read 22328 times)

Offline jhonny_d

• View Profile
SD2SNES looks to be a good product but sadly the promises were not mantained, and the lack of SuperFX and SA1 emulation it's just not acceptable for me, I can live without the Sufami Turbo titles but not without Super Mario RPG and the Kirby games

I understand that this is no simple task, but precisely for that communication is very important and should have avoided false claims

Right now the SD2SNES development is dead in the water, if I'll decide to buy a not 100% compatible cart it will be the everdrive one, at least I won't wait for an update that will never come

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
Re: At this point I'll just wait for the next gen of Snes flash carts
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 12:31 PM »
But you may wait for something that will never come...

Offline jhonny_d

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 12:59 PM »
if that's the case as I said I'll just buy the everdrive snes cart

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 01:29 PM »
but sadly the promises were not mantained
Why are the last round of posters so dramatic? Both are fine products.

Offline rafaelalvesals

• Hue Hue BR BR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 02:53 PM »
no problem man, just buy the games that doesn't run on sd2snes if this is the problem, the incompatibility list is short, and if you dont care about sufami, it's even more shorter, and you only need to buy the sa1, because theres a guy that make a multicart with all SFX games in one cart(https://www.etsy.com/pt/listing/268918241/super-fx-all-in-one-for-the-snes?ref=shop_home_active_1&ga_search_query=fx).

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 03:29 PM »
Being a bit dramatic? Also what promises weren't maintained? Ikari the person who makes the firmware updates for the SD2SNES never made any promises to add Super FX or SA-1 support. They simply stated they will look into it. That's not promising a release. Honestly I find your statement to be a bit offensive in how entitled you sound. As if Super Nintendo flashcarts aren't up to your standards of quality. Anyway if you are that upset about it then just buy the games your self. It's only a hand full of games that aren't supported.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline GreatFunky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 04:02 PM »
Being a bit dramatic? Also what promises weren't maintained? Ikari the person who makes the firmware updates for the SD2SNES never made any promises to add Super FX or SA-1 support. They simply stated they will look into it. That's not promising a release. Honestly I find your statement to be a bit offensive in how entitled you sound. As if Super Nintendo flashcarts aren't up to your standards of quality. Anyway if you are that upset about it then just buy the games your self. It's only a hand full of games that aren't supported.

Offline jhonny_d

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 04:07 PM »
I'm sorry if I sounded harsh/dramatic, that wasn't the intetion

about buying game, that's not a problem, I already own them (except starfox), but I'm looking to sell them as I don't have time anymore to look at the collector side of the hobby

Offline hunterk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 05:26 PM »
If you're waiting for a SNES flash cart with 100% compatibility, I hope you're planning to wait a long, long time.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 06:19 PM »
about buying game, that's not a problem, I already own them (except starfox), but I'm looking to sell them as I don't have time anymore to look at the collector side of the hobby

Then why complain about the available flashcards? Play the games you already have and don't worry about what's NOT playable currently on the SED/SD2SNES.

I understand that this is no simple task, but precisely for that communication is very important and should have avoided false claims

Right now the SD2SNES development is dead in the water, if I'll decide to buy a not 100% compatible cart it will be the everdrive one, at least I won't wait for an update that will never come

You're obviously not following Ikari's Twitter account that shows every little update to the SD2SNES's code. And false claims? That is really rude to say to ONE SINGLE PROGRAMMER WITH CHILDREN TO TAKE CARE OF! If you want to help, the SD2SNES code is open source, so help out.

Not a programmer? Then either learn to code or be patient.

What's with these new crop of members?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:22 PM by goombakid »

Offline GreatFunky

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 07:21 PM »
What's with these new crop of members?

Exactly what i think too ......., did they realize  flashcards are not made by large multinational companies ?      ahhh consumer society ::)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 07:24 PM by GreatFunky »

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 10:45 PM »
I'll say this. I will apologize if I came off a bit mean. But anyway I totally understand why sometimes it takes a long time to come out with a new update for something, may it be a hack of a game, new software update to something, or a new firmware update. Especially if it's just one person with responsibilities outside the internet. Life happens and it happens without warning. I love my SD2SNES. it is one amazing piece of tech for the Super Nintendo. All in all we should be thankful they exist at all.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 11:59 AM »
no update sd2snes since august 2015 ? i hope the update come soon :)

Offline jhonny_d

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2016, 02:36 PM »
lol, and I'm the rude one... sorry if I hurted your fanboy feelings

quoting myself

in retrospect maybe I should have avoided the word claim and used hopes

it would be interesting to make a pool and see why people bought the sd2snes, bet 90% will answer they were attracted from the superfx potential support

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 03:55 PM »
it would be interesting to make a pool and see why people bought the sd2snes, bet 90% will answer they were attracted from the superfx potential support
Instant rom loading. The only Super FX game I care about is Yoshi's Island.

If you're this passionate about it, learn to code and contribute.