Author Topic: 15" Sharp LCD EDTV  (Read 10658 times)

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
Re: 15" Sharp LCD EDTV
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 10:28 PM »
i know about the rgb mods and scart, but even worst that live in US to get this, i live on Brazil haha, the issues about the video cord is that i fear that the cable doesnt solve my problem =/ when it comes i will discover haha
What exactly is the issue? The games not filling the screen?

This, its only happen with the ps1, ps2 with same cable works fine.

PS1

Load in 16:9

Titlescreen 16:9

titlescreen 4:3

PS2
16:9

4:3

everything seems to be green on ps1, but in the CRT works fine
I can't personally say why it's green but I can say your LCD appears to be off center to the right a bit.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline rafaelalvesals

• Hue Hue BR BR
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 02:12 AM »
I can't personally say why it's green but I can say your LCD appears to be off center to the right a bit.

yeah i notice this, its happen with some games on 16:9 but its not like i'm loosing some part of the screen, it most like its align to the right, look with the n64,fills the screen:

About the greenscreen on ps1, i hope tht the svideo cable solve it haha

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 03:48 AM »
There could be a chance that the video encoder in the PS1 is shot. You have another PS1 to try out?

And your PS1 is NTSC and not PAL, right?

Offline rafaelalvesals

• Hue Hue BR BR
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 04:43 AM »
There could be a chance that the video encoder in the PS1 is shot. You have another PS1 to try out?

And your PS1 is NTSC and not PAL, right?

unfortunaly not =X and yes, its a ntsc.
I fear that might be something with the video encoder

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 05:50 AM »
Are you using the same cables on the PS2 that you did with the PS1? That'll eliminate the cable being the problem.

Pop a PS1 game in the PS2 and see what the results are.

Offline rafaelalvesals

• Hue Hue BR BR
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 07:13 AM »
Are you using the same cables on the PS2 that you did with the PS1? That'll eliminate the cable being the problem.

Pop a PS1 game in the PS2 and see what the results are.

yes, same cables, but i have original one for the ps2 too and i tried to change and get the same results, thats why i think that could be a problem with the av and i will try s-video when it arrives to me.

about run a ps1 game on my ps2, mine dosent read cds anymore =X i will see how to play ps1 games with OPL and i will let you know about it =)

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 07:30 AM »
yes, same cables, but i have original one for the ps2 too and i tried to change and get the same results, thats why i think that could be a problem with the av and i will try s-video when it arrives to me.

about run a ps1 game on my ps2, mine dosent read cds anymore =X i will see how to play ps1 games with OPL and i will let you know about it =)

Well, if it doesn't work, when you get another PS1, you'll have awesome cables to use on it.

Let us know if it works out.

Offline rafaelalvesals

• Hue Hue BR BR
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2016, 01:15 AM »
So, i have a good and a bad news, the bad one that's also good is: it wasn't the cable, but now i have a cable with better quality, and the good one: i fix it.

The problem was with the crystal. Because some old tvs in Brazil only work with pal-m, in the past people solder another crystal together with the original crystal (ntsc) to make the console pal-m and ntsc, this additional crystal to my board had a broken leg, I solder it back and now its fine =)

@edit

the funny thing, on my crt worked fine even with the broken leg og the crystal haha
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:21 AM by rafaelalvesals »

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2016, 01:24 AM »
So, i have a good and a bad news, the bad one that's also good is: it wasn't the cable, but now i have a cable with better quality, and the good one: i fix it.

The problem was with the crystal. Because some old tvs in Brazil only work with pal-m, in the past people solder another crystal together with the original crystal (ntsc) to make the console pal-m and ntsc, this additional crystal to my board had a broken leg, I solder it back and now its fine =)

@edit

the funny thing, on my crt worked fine even with the broken leg og the crystal haha
Nice glad you figured it out and fixed it. But yeah much better video qaulity now. Enjoy my man.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2016, 05:02 AM »
Crazy! Nice you got it working right, though!