Author Topic: I want someone to hack N8 to boot the first game inside the SD automatically  (Read 5329 times)

Offline rimmyjustles

• View Profile
In other words, having the menu completely avoided.

I want the ED to perform as follows:

Initial Green Screen -> Black Screen with (initializing...) -> Game

To be specific, I don't want logic where "if more than game is in the SD, give the option to choose," I just want the first game or the only game inside an SD to auto boot.

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
A simple "Please" would have helped you to find kind peoples able to help you...

I really don't understand people coming here in a " I WANT THAT" way... What do you expect ?

Offline Johnny23b

• View Profile
A simple "Please" would have helped you to find kind peoples able to help you...

I really don't understand people coming here in a " I WANT THAT" way... What do you expect ?

Maybe it is a lack of spelling. not everybody knows perfectly how to speak english, or maybe it was not..  :o

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile
This has been kicked around a few times. I still think the easiest handling is something like 'if autorun.nes exists in root then start it automatically.'

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile

Maybe it is a lack of spelling. not everybody knows perfectly how to speak english, or maybe it was not..  :o

Well... I think the word "Please" is as well known as "Fuck".. I think he knows what fuck mean.

Offline rimmyjustles

• View Profile

Well... I think the word "Please" is as well known as "Fuck".. I think he knows what fuck mean.

Sorry haha.  I did not mean to come off as someone demanding, I think I was in a rush when making this thread.

This has been kicked around a few times. I still think the easiest handling is something like 'if autorun.nes exists in root then start it automatically.'

I agree with this.

Offline RchGrav

• View Profile

It would be great to detect if the "select" button is held down on the first controller so could bypass the autorun to get to actually select a ROM, now that would be SWEEEEET..

Another possibility besides autorun.nes would be testing for autorun.txt file in the EDFC folder containing the path to a ROM (less junk in root)

I also kinda like the idea of not displaying the EDFC folder on the selection menu.  Now I'm probably asking a lot.. 

Thanks for your consideration on these ideas.

Rich

Offline Asaki

• View Profile
Isn't the EDGB like that? Where if you don't have an SD card inserted, it just boots the game that's stored in memory?

Something like that, anyway.

Offline rimmyjustles

• View Profile

It would be great to detect if the "select" button is held down on the first controller so could bypass the autorun to get to actually select a ROM, now that would be SWEEEEET..

Another possibility besides autorun.nes would be testing for autorun.txt file in the EDFC folder containing the path to a ROM (less junk in root)

I also kinda like the idea of not displaying the EDFC folder on the selection menu.  Now I'm probably asking a lot.. 

Thanks for your consideration on these ideas.

Rich

Yes!  The former is a good idea, but the latter is even better.  Having an autorun.nes seems like the best possible option.

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile

Maybe he's The Wolf from Pulp Fiction

"If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car hack N8 to boot the first game inside the SD automatically."
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Turbo EverDrive    EverDrive N8    SD2SNES    EverDrive64 v3    EverDrive GB    EverDrive GBA    Master EverDrive    Mega EverDrive    EverDrive GG

Offline rimmyjustles

• View Profile

Maybe he's The Wolf from Pulp Fiction

"If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car hack N8 to boot the first game inside the SD automatically."

One of my favourite movies, heh.

My favourite line from The Wolf was:
"Let's not start ****ing each other's ****s quite yet"

But anyway, I diid not mean to come off as demanding as I explained in an earlier post.  My apologies again for that heh.